Project Manager, Level 1 (Provisional)
Oversees one or more aspects of the planning, execution, and completion of the design and construction of capital building projects and specialized construction at a Campus or University setting. Manages projects for renovation and/or maintenance of existing facilities.
- Develops quality standards and monitors performance
- Incorporates University procedures and standards such as safety and CUNY design standards
- Maintains compliance with relevant laws, regulations, and CUNY standards
- Applies project management procedures and standards using appropriate methods and technologies
- Communicates effectively with all project participants
- Meets standards for performance (time, cost quality)
- Enters, maintains, and accesses information in computer-based systems, such as project management systems, work order systems, inventory and timekeeping systems, and financial systems of various kinds
- Performs work indoors and outdoors under various environmental conditions, including extreme temperature conditions, climbing ladders and scaffolds, and working in close spaces as necessary to advance project(s)
- Work may require driving to work locations
This position is in CUNY's Classified Civil Service. The full specification is available on our web site at http://www.cuny.edu/about/administration/offices/ohrm/hros/classification/ccsjobs.html
Construction Project Manager
A four-year high school diploma and six years of experience, in one or more of the following:
- Planning, administering or expediting architectural/engineering design and/or construction of a non-industrial building to be occupies by people for educational use requiring a certificate of occupancy
- Associates degree in engineering, architecture, landscape architecture with four (4) years of experience with non-industrial buildings to be occupied by people for educational use requiring a certificate of occupancy
- A Baccalaureate degree in engineering, landscape architecture or a related field with two (2) years of experience with non-industrial buildings to be occupied by people for educational use requiring a certificate of occupancy
- A Baccalaureate degree in architecture with 1 year of experience with non-industrial buildings to be occupied by people for educational use requiring a certificate of occupancy
Knowledge of English language (spoken, written, read) sufficient to carry out the activities described in this specification
A Motor Vehicle Driver's license, valid in the State of New York, may be required for some positions.
There are three assignment levels within this class of positions.
Additional Requirements for Level 2:
To be appointed at Level 2: candidates must have at least one additional year of experience in one of the following:
- Supervision of employees within a construction project
- Supervision of a construction project
Additional Requirements for Level 3:
To be appointed at Level 3: candidates must have at least one year of experience above and beyond Level 2 (i.e., a total of two additional years' experience in project and/or personnel supervision).
New HIre: $59,712
This amount reflects a 13% salary suppression in effect for the first 24 months of employment only.
CUNY offers a comprehensive benefits package to employees and eligible dependents based on job title and classification. Employees are also offered pension and Tax-Deferred Savings Plans. Part-time employees must meet a weekly or semester work hour criteria to be eligible for health benefits. Health benefits are also extended to retirees who meet the eligibility criteria.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, go to www.cuny.edu, access the employment page, log in or create a new user account, and search for this vacancy using the Job ID or Title. Select "Apply Now" and provide the requested information.
April 21, 2017
JOB SEARCH CATEGORY
CUNY Job Posting: Managerial/Professional
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
CUNY encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. At CUNY, Italian Americans are also included among our protected groups. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.
Location: Lehman College
Job Title: Project Manager, Level 1 (Provisional)
Job ID: 16493
Full/Part Time: Full-Time