Plumber Helper (Provisional) - Physical Plant Services
- Under direct supervision assists plumbers in the installation, maintenance and repair of piping for water, gas, waste, soil and vent lines; performs related work.
- Assists plumbers in the installation of plumbing fixtures.
- Carries tools and working materials and prepares same at work locations.
- Cuts or drills openings as may be necessary for installation or repair of plumbing pipes or fixtures.
- Cuts and threads pipe with hand or electrically operated tools.
- Cleans up work areas.
CAMPUS SPECIFIC INFORMATION
Job hours: 8:00 am to 3:30 pm
- Three years of full-time satisfactory experience as a plumber's helper or apprentice plumber acquired within the last 12 years; OR
- Not less than one year of experience described in 1 above plus sufficient training of a relevant nature acquired in an approved trade or vocational high school, to make up the equivalent of three years of acceptable experience. Six months of acceptable experience will be credited for each year of approved trade or vocational high school.
- Experience working alongside a plumber or steamfitter
- Experience working at a large organization or company
- Experience working in the commercial plumbing trade
- Ability to be flexible in regards to working other shifts as required (ample notice will be provided)
CUNY offers a comprehensive benefits package to employees and eligible dependents based on job title and classification. Employees are also offered pension and Tax-Deferred Savings Plans. Part-time employees must meet a weekly or semester work hour criteria to be eligible for health benefits. Health benefits are also extended to retirees who meet the eligibility criteria.
HOW TO APPLY
Applicants must apply online by accessing the CUNY website at www.cuny.edu and navigating to the following links: Select "Employment", then select "Search Job Postings" and find JOB ID # 16485. Please attach resume. To be considered for an interview, resumes should reflect information required for this position. Experience mentioned in the Preferred Qualifications should also be included on the resume (if applicable). References on request. Please do not include any other documentation.
For general assistance with your CUNYfirst application, please go to http://www.cuny.edu/employment/jobsysteminstructions.html for information.
April 21, 2017
JOB SEARCH CATEGORY
CUNY Job Posting: Support Staff
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
CUNY encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. At CUNY, Italian Americans are also included among our protected groups. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.
Location: Bronx Community College
Job Title: Plumber Helper (Provisional) - Physical Plant Services
Job ID: 16485
Full/Part Time: Full-Time