The successful candidate must demonstrate experience, skills, and commitment to fostering an environment of diversity in student, faculty and staff.
Delta College, established in 1961, offers 150 transfer and career certificate and associate degree programs, and enrolls nearly 11,000 students each semester at its main campus and three learning centers.
Delta College enjoys a reputation as one of the nation’s leading community colleges. Contributing factors to this achievement are its enduring commitment to excellence, passion for innovation and focus on people. Those values can be seen in its AQIP Higher Learning Commission accreditation, charter membership in the National League for Innovation, Achieving the Dream participation, environmental stewardship and unique shared governance system.
The College’s service area is comprised of Bay, Midland and Saginaw counties, each with its own appealing personality and features, located adjacent to Lake Huron in mid-Michigan. The region is an outstanding choice to live and raise a family because it offers small-town appeal, yet is the corporate headquarters of The Dow Chemical Company, which gives residents many diverse cultural and entertainment opportunities.
Primary responsibilities for all college budgeting, accounting and financial activities including designing systems, internal controls, budgets, transactions, cash and investment management, payroll, financial aid disbursement, student accounts receivable billing and collection, cashier’s office, grant accounting and compliance with all applicable policies, state and federal statutes, regulations, grant requirements as well as financial statement preparation in accordance with GAAP, GASB, and FASB. Also responsible for IRS compliance and reporting, financial analysis and monitoring and safeguarding of assets. Primary contact for all audits and regulatory compliance of financial information.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop and implement financial and accounting plans, policies and procedures to ensure College resources are appropriately accounted for and available and that managers have the financial information necessary to support decision making.
- Revise and enhance financial systems to increase productivity, increase integrity, enhance reporting, and provide necessary information to users.
- Design and implement software applications to provide effective and efficient record keeping and reporting functions to best meet users and reporting needs.
- Manage cash and investments to ensure proper cash flow and maximum return within
established levels of safety and liquidity.
- Design, implement, and monitor the system of internal accounting controls to ensure adequate segregation of duties and accurate, reliable systems of the highest integrity.
- Train and develop staff in financial systems, software applications, and service to enhance quality operations.
- Demonstrate excellent technical skills including in-depth use of Excel, excellent writing skills, excellent communication skills and ability to speak with clarity and confidence.
- Self-motivated and self-directed.
- Maintain highest standards of integrity and confidentiality.
- CPA or MS Accounting or MBA with Accounting emphasis
- Excellent technical and writing skills
- Excellent communication skills and ability to speak with clarity and confidence
ADDITIONAL EXPERIENCES CONSIDERED:
- Minimum 3-7 years progressive financial leadership experience
- Experience in community college or higher education financial leadership
Complete an on-line application and attach a cover letter with position title, resume, three current names of professional references, copies of transcripts (official transcripts required upon hire) and professional certifications or licenses.