Instructor, Pediatric Nursing
The Chabot-Las Positas Community College District is seeking an Instructor, Pediatric Nursing for Chabot College in Hayward, California. The position reports directly to the Division Dean.
Job Title Instructor, Pediatric Nursing
Position Type Faculty
Position Code 2FHS02
Pay Rate (or Annual Salary) $64,993 - $88,687/annual
Job Location Chabot College, 25555 Hesperian Blvd., Hayward, CA 94545
Department Health Sciences, P.E. and Athletics
In the role of clinical instructor the instructor shall:
1. Provide instruction in accordance with established Chabot College approved curriculum and course outlines for pediatric nursing in theory and clinical practice.
2. Inform students about course requirements, evaluation procedure and attendance requirements.
3. Full-time faculty are typically assigned 15 lecture and clinical hours of student contact time. Ability to work the required full-time schedule consisting of 37.5 hours per week. Office hours are also required.
4. Have the ability to work in clinical setting two days per week, days and /or evening schedule as required. Make client assignments in clinical the day before students attend clinical.
5. Supervise students in a clinical setting and skills lab.
6. Function as a liaison with clinical facility personnel and other outside agencies to establish and maintain clinical rotations.
7. Have familiarity with simulation techniques for pediatric applications.
8. Have familiarity with electronic charting requirement.
9. Maintain necessary attendance, scholastic and student records, and submits them according to published guidelines.
10. Effectively teaches and communicates with students of diverse backgrounds.
11. Have the ability to develop, maintain and evaluate curriculum and student ability to meet program standards.
12. Interact with faculty and staff in areas of instruction and participate in the development of instructions methods, technology, student learning outcomes, and materials.
13. Will prepare and grade class and clinical assignments and evaluations.
14. Will post and maintains adequate and regular office hours in accordance with prevailing policy.
15. Will assist in the preparation of the simulation lab for scenario development and training of students.
16. Work with peers in higher education, business, and industry to maintain currency of instructional programs.
17. Maintain currency in the field and follows the faculty mandates of the California Board of Nursing to maintain RN license.
18. Demonstrate respect for the rights and needs of students.
19. Demonstrates respect for staff, colleagues, and the teach profession.
20. Evidence of a sensitivity to and an understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students, including those with physical or learning disabilities.
21. Communicate effectively in English, both in written and oral form.
22. Coordinate, monitor, and participate in the tutoring and testing of student skills; supervise student performance in clinical skills.
23. Serve as a resource to students for practice sessions in the skills laboratories.
24. Assume responsibility for orientation to clinical facility, and comply with all policy and procedures in clinical setting.
25. Instruct topics as assigned, prepare associated materials.
26. Participate in campus/college governance by serving on campus / college committees.
27. Participate in professional development, student and other educational activities in accordance with college policy.
Minimum Education and Experience
1. Appointment to this position contingent upon approval by the California Board of Registered Nursing (BRN). 1425.1 and 1424(g).
2. Bachelor Degree in Nursing or higher degree from an accredited college or university, which includes course work in nursing, education or administration.
3. Education preparation in pediatric nursing or equivalent clinical competency according to the Registered Nursing regulations.
4. Completion of at least one year’s experience teaching courses related to pediatric nursing clinical practice, or a course which includes practice teaching nursing.
5. At least one year’s experience as a Registered Nurse providing direct pediatric patient care.
6. Applicant shall hold a valid, active license issued by the California Board of Registered Nursing. Required to upload a copy of the license front and back.
7. Current American Heart Association Healthcare Provider BLS Card, Required to upload a copy of the signed card, front and back.
8. Current immunization records for PPD, Titer reports for MMR, Varicella, Hepatitis B, Hepatitis C. Immunization record for TdaP and flu. N95 mask fit test as required by area hospitals.
You will be required to upload your transcripts. You must upload all applicable transcripts, credentials and/or certificates required to meet minimum qualifications for the position for which you are applying. Any degrees earned outside the United States must have an official US evaluation (course by course) of the transcripts and must be submitted with the application. In the case that the file you are uploading is too large or you do not have your transcripts readily available, please upload a document in place of stating you will be sending the documents to the Office of Human Resources, 7600 Dublin Boulevard, 3rd Floor, Dublin, CA 94568, or by fax (925) 485-5254, by 11:59:59 p.m. (PST) on the closing date.
*Degrees in Progress: To be conferred on or before July 1, 2017 will be considered, provided that the applicant also submits (1) an up-to-date transcript, (2) a photocopy of the degree requirement from the school catalog, and (3) proof of current course(s) and enrollment. Please provide your explanation and background material by using the optional document upload called “Other Document”. If you are unable to upload the above, please upload a document in its place and state you will be sending the documents to the Office of Human Resources, 7600 Dublin Boulevard, 3rd Floor, Dublin, CA 94568, by 5:00 p.m. (PST) on the closing date.
Applicants applying under the “Equivalent provision” must provide details that explain at time of application how their academic preparation is the equivalent of the degree listed above. Please provide your explanation by using the optional document upload called “Equivalency Statement”.
1. Master Degree in Nursing or higher.
2. Knowledge of major theoretical frameworks with preference to having experience and/or familiarity with the application of the Roy Adaptation Model.
3. Currency in the field of pediatric nursing, and application of QSEN.
4. Equivalent experience and /or education as determined by the Board of Registered Nursing.
Job Work Schedule
This position is full-time, tenure-track, 2017-2018 Academic Year. Employment will begin on or about August 14, 2017.
Physical Demands and Working Environment
Must be able to stand for over 6 hours and function as a registered nurse.
INDIVIDUALS WITH DISABILITIES WHO ARE UNABLE TO CARRY OUT THE PHYSICAL ACTIVITIES OF THE POSITION WILL RECEIVE REASONABLE ACCOMMODATIONS TO ENABLE THEM TO PERFORM THE ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE POSITION.
Posting Detail Information
Posting Number F22P
Open Date 03/23/2017
Close Date 04/20/2017
Open Until Filled No
Notification to Applicants
The Chabot-Las Positas Community College District reserves the right to close or not fill any advertised position.
Instructions for Personal Qualifications Statement
The purpose of the personal qualifications statement is for you to provide information on how your education and experience relate to the requirements and duties of the position. There is no form to complete. Applicants are requested to provide their personal qualifications statement by uploading a document, the same way as you do for your cover letter.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
Documents Needed To Apply
- Cover Letter
- Personal Qualifications Statement
- California Registered Nursing License
- American Heart Association Healthcare Provider BLS Certification
- Other Document
- Equivalency Statement
CHABOT-LAS POSITAS COMMUNITY COLLEGE DISTRICT AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER