Adjunct Faculty - MFT - San Jose
Pacific Oaks College & Children's School
San Jose, CA
Grounded in its social justice heritage, Pacific Oaks College prepares students to be culturally intelligent agents of change serving diverse communities in the fields of human development, education, and related family studies. Central to the Quaker tradition and history of Pacific Oaks is the value we place on the individual. This translates into core values we live by at Pacific Oaks of People, Diversity, Social Justice, and Participatory Decision-Making.
MFT ADJUNCT FACULTY
If you value People, Diversity, Social Justice, and Participatory Decision-Making, we'd like to hear from you!
Pacific Oaks College's School of Cultural and Family Psychology has three distinct MA in MFT programs, and two MA in MFT specializations:
- The ‘Traditional' MFT Program
- The African American Family Studies Program
- The Latina Family Studies Program
- The Trauma Studies Specialization
- The Licensed Professional Clinical Counselor (LPCC) Specialization
The School of CFP is currently seeking outstanding Marriage and Family Practitioners-Scholars to join our diverse pool of adjunct faculty for the Spring, Summer and Fall semesters.
The adjunct faculty member will teach MFT MA level courses in the School of Cultural and Family Psychology; there are several opportunities in the different programs.
Examples of the MFT program courses available for teaching assignments starting Fall 2016 in San Jose:
- Communication & Counseling Skills
- Theories of MFT
- Professional Ethics & the Law
- Personality Theories & Psychological Testing
- Interface of Society and Human Development
- Family Violence
- Clinical Theories of Child Development
- Group Therapy
- Culture, Attachment, and Trauma
- Teach assigned MFT courses at our San Jose Branch Campus
- Become proficient (training offered) in Canvas (the learning management system)
- Participate in MFT adjunct faculty meetings once per academic year while teaching
- Post grades per scheduled deadlines.
- PhD degree preferred, Masters degree required in Psychology, MFT, or Social Work.
- Graduate teaching experience and/or a minimum of 3 years clinical experience
- Exemplary Professional Experience
- Desire to teach in Culture-centered Model, relational and
- Licensure in Field for certain selected courses
Pacific Oaks is an affiliate of TCS Education System. To apply for this position or others, visit our Careers' Page at: www.pacificoaks.edu
Pacific Oaks participates in E-Verify and verifies identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired through E-Verify.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. Pacific Oaks offers equal employment opportunities to all persons without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, parental status, housing status, source of income or military status, in accordance with applicable federal, state and local EEO laws.