Instructional Designer, Jr
This position is responsible for partnering with designers and subject matter experts to build and maintain courses across Strayer University's undergraduate and graduate programs.
- Evaluate and edit course material using sound instructional design theories and methodologies.
- Conduct analysis of user needs, as well as competitive and market trends.
- Develop course outcomes that align to instructional guidelines.
- Incorporate feedback from instructional designers and subject matter experts to ensure quality courses are developed.
- Work through a creative, iterative, instructional design process to support the development of career relevant courses.
- Write well-aligned assessments and rubrics.
- Incorporate multimedia concepts in course design.
- Update courses based on instructional material changes.
- Maintain courses to ensure quality experience for students.ther duties as assigned
- From an accredited institution; Master's preferred Bachelor's degree required
- At least 1 year of work experience related to teaching and learning
- Applying learning theories to the practice of online and on-ground course design and development;
- Practice developing course curriculum.
- Familiarity with current learning management systems (e.g. Blackboard; Canvas; Moodle)
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Background in/studied instructional design methodologies (e.g. ADDIE, SAM).
- Eager to learn, grow, and to contribute to a dynamic team.
- Must be able to work independently with little supervision, as well as in a team.
- Must be able to travel up to 5% of time
- Travel via plane, car, and public transportation may be required to perform this job
- Must have the flexibility to work more than 40 hours per week when business needs warrant.
- Must be able to lift 10 lbs.
- Mobility within the office including movement from floor to floor
- Access information using a computer
- Effectively communicate, both up and down the management chain
- Effectively cope with stressful situations
- Strong mental acuity
Working at Strayer is rewarding and each one of us is incredibly passionate about succeeding at our mission and that passion is contagious. With that in mind we are always in search of dedicated, talented individuals who want to be part of something that's enriching, challenging, and rewarding.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete our application process, please contact our Human Resources Department at Careers@strayer.edu.
Strayer University is an equal opportunity employer and employs qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, disability, or any other classification proscribed under applicable law.