Benefits & Wellness Administrator
We are seeking an enthusiastic advocate to innovate, create, and promote health and wellbeing throughout our company. This is a great opportunity to influence our wellness plan design, communications, and outcomes as we are in the first year of the wellness program. This position will also administer the day-to-day Health & Welfare plans for the University.
- Responsible for creating and executing all wellness communication and marketing materials.
- Work with marketing to advertise and communicate program activities to employees.
- Organize, coordinate and oversee all logistics for various wellness events.
- Serve as primary spokesperson and contact for wellness events and employee questions relating to the wellness program.
- Track and monitor employee wellness activities and internal metrics.
- Compose and conduct wellness webinars.
- Conduct wellness interest surveys as needed.
- Product reports to senior leadership.
- Serve as primary contact for all employee benefit questions.
- Provide full life cycle management on all FMLA cases.
- Key team member in the annual open enrollment process with primary responsibility for one or more of the following components: employee communication, system set-up and testing, employee presentations
- Responsible for auditing bills and tracking / analyzing benefit costs.
- Research and resolve health or life insurance claim issues.
- Process life events, (QLEs), and associated system updates.
- Responsible for independently developing communication material and correspondence that is accurate, timely and balances employee's rights with Strayer's obligations under ERISA, COBRA, HIPAA, FMLA and other statutes.
- Identify opportunities for process improvements, and define viable solutions to enhance employee benefit administration, delivery or understanding.
- Responsible for maintaining knowledge of current or pending government legislation and trends related to employee benefits. Must identify developments and trends that potentially influence areas of responsibility.
- Maintain a strong working relationship with internal teams.
- Periodically assist with special projects.
- Must have the flexibility to work more than 40 hours per week during peak business cycles.
- Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources or Business Administration from an accredited institution.
- At least 4 years of benefits experience is required.
- Must have demonstrated experience in human resources with a foundation in employee benefits.
- Previous experience using Workday preferred.
- Must communicate with accuracy, poise, diplomacy, and confidentiality while interacting with a broad range of employees and managers.
- Proficient at communicating and marketing events using social media.
- Ability to interpret human resources policies, practices and procedures and make thoughtful recommendations and implement solutions.
- Proven ability to demonstrate interpersonal, written, verbal and organizational skills;
- Must be able to take initiative and have a high level of professional customer service.
- Exercise discretion, make sound judgments and perform a range of complicated tasks.
- Strong analysis and process orientation skills required
- Must be able to discover/anticipate problems that may arise in administrative practices, contracts and policies.
- Must be detailed oriented - with strong attention to accuracy and problem solving. Must possess the ability to follow up, resolve and close all issues.
- Computer competency required including electronic spreadsheets, relational databases, and word processing.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
Certificates, licenses and registrations:
- PHR, SPHR, or CEBS certification a plus
- Mobility within the office including movement from floor to floor.
- Travel via plane, car, and metro is required to perform this job.
- Access information using a computer.
- Effectively communicate, both up and down the management chain.
- Effectively cope with stressful situations.
- Strong mental acuity
Working at Strayer is rewarding and each one of us is incredibly passionate about succeeding at our mission and that passion is contagious. With that in mind we are always in search of dedicated, talented individuals who want to be part of something that's enriching, challenging, and rewarding.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete our application process, please contact our Human Resources Department at Careers@strayer.edu.
Strayer University is an equal opportunity employer and employs qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, disability, or any other classification proscribed under applicable law.