Evening Staff VTT Coordinator
The Video Conference Facilitator provides technical assistance to the faculty as well as to Saint Leo University students attending courses via video conference at the University's Continuing Education Centers.
In conjunction with the operation of the Video Teaching and Teleconferencing (VTT) system, the Facilitator supports the operation of the VTT program by planning and setting up the VTT equipment within a reasonable time frame (generally, 1 hour prior to the scheduled start of a video conference).
Additionally, it is the VTT Facilitators' responsibility to ensure the VTC system is located in the appropriate location/classroom, powered up and viewable on the system's video monitoring device (TV/monitor and/or projector) and to verify network connectivity.
On the Job Training (OJT) is provided.
- Rudimentary understanding of the VTT components and operation.
- Setup and test VTT components for optimal operation; VTT CODEC, remote control, TV/monitor and/or projector, Instructor podium: PC, Polyvision Monitor (or equivalent), DVD/VCR, Document Camera (Elmo)
- Conduct comprehensive scheduled testing of VTT equipment with VTT Technical Support Technician.
- Provide technical assistance and support to faculty in the use of VTT equipment.
- Submit periodical reports on system utilization, repairs and other related operational issues;
- Maintain inventory of VTT equipment;
- Other duties as assigned by the Manager of Video Conferencing Department.
- Make at least 10-20 application packets made every Day and keep brochures and flyers full in the inserts
- Create postings and flyers according to the centers needs
- Check in Tuesday thru Thursday at your start time in the office- lock up at 10:15pm and Saturdays report at 8am and lock up at 1pm
- Check vtt connections and equipment before class starts
- Desk must remain free of any debris or documents
- Walk the halls every 20-30 min
- Keeping the second floor doors locked and secure
- Wipe boards clean every night
- During lock-up check class rooms to make sure all students are gone
- Customer service oriented, friendly,
- Ability to perform light administrative duties
- PC knowledge a must
- Ability to work with a flexible schedule; primarily evening and weekend work required
- Willing to learn video conferencing, from a facilitator's perspective
- Friendly, courteous and patient with faculty and staff
- High school diploma or equivalent;
- 2 years hands-on experience in multimedia systems; or equivalent combination of experience and formal education in a related field
- Experience with Polycom videoconferencing systems preferred
Job ID 2017-1298
Job Locations US - GA - Morrow