Campus Policy and Space Usage Professional
The position has a broad range of responsibilities including developing, overseeing, and coordinating university and UCCS Policies, and managing Contract/Property/Leases, , and other projects as determined by the Director of Administrative Assessment, Policy, and Efficiency. Position must exercise sound judgment in decision-making, possess the ability to establish priorities in completing work assignments, strong writing and research skills, and exercise confidentiality.
Position works closely and collaboratively with staff within the Administration and Finance division. Depending on the situation, opportunity, or issue, position may communicate and work with other campus staff/faculty and within the CU system on policy and other related issues.
Policy Development and Implementation
Collaborate with appropriate Campus policy owners to review and, if necessary, develop or revise Campus-wide policies and communicate the changes to the Campus community. When appropriate, coordinate with University Policy coordinators when University-wide policies are created or changed.
- Find ways to improve the general efficiency and effectiveness of system operations by identifying policies, procedures, processes, and/or practices that could be revised, simplified, or eliminated.
- Support the policy owners throughout the full policy lifecycle - from initiation to development to approval to implementation to policy management, by:
- Providing research on proposed policies or policy revisions
- What policies and related documents exist on the subject?
- Does the proposed policy conflict with other existing policies?
- Will the proposed policy affect other existing policies?
- What issues are connected to the policy and how do these need to be reconciled?
- Review policy drafts and provide leadership in focused on simplifying policies whenever possible.
- Ensuring adequate and appropriate stakeholder review at all levels of the University, and across all functions and campuses, including end users, General Counsel, Budget and Finance, and other appropriate functional areas.
- Providing editing and policy coordinating services.
- Maintaining a review schedule for all administrative policy statements and assisting policy owners in the review of their existing policies.
- Index, archive, and record all historical, current, and new policies by maintaining a central repository and official web site for the policies. Establish and maintain an easily accessible, user-friendly web site for posting and finding University-wide policies.
- Communicate timely and relevant information regarding new and amended campus and University-wide policies to groups specifically affected by the changes as well as the broader University community.
- Provide policy interpretation and help (i.e., answering general inquiries) - a one-stop shop for general policy questions.
Contracts, Property, Leases, and Space:
Position is responsible for maintaining and archiving property leases that are subject to State of Colorado Real Estate rules. Position prepares, and submits first drafts of annual campus property acquisition and/or disposition reports for the Office of State Architect Real Estate Programs Office. Additional duties include responding to questions from tenants, and reporting and addressing rental space issues and repair needs for rental properties. Position serves as the custodian of contracts executed through the Administration and Finance division; and will manage and track keys, process billing, and update signage. Working closely with the AVC for Campus Planning and Facilities management, position may work with El Paso County to establish tax exemption status on leased property for the benefit of the university.
- Coordinate the process for the renting of state/campus property, the campus being the lessor. Coordinate the purchase of Campus/State property.
- Coordinate campus space needs and requests for additional space from the campus community.
- Chairs the Space Committee and work with the committee to review space options.
Position creates and updates content on relevant websites including online directory and catalog. Support may also include coordinating and organizing meetings, taking minutes, procurement, as well as providing support for search committees.
- Sound organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple and competing priorities.
- Strong writing and research skills.
- Ability to take multiple inputs and be highly detail-oriented.
- Must be dependable, conscientious, thorough, accurate and reliable.
- Ability to create, support and maintain a culture of service for internal and external customers.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively and professionally.
- Strong problem solving and conflict resolution skills
- Familiarity and experience using a variety of databases, websites, and willingness to learn new technology.
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality in all fiscal, strategic, human resources, and other university issues
- Effectiveness in working with individuals from diverse backgrounds and a demonstrated ability to lead by example and foster behaviors that support a diverse workforce regardless of race/ethnicity, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, ability, veteran's status, religion, or age.
- Experience building and maintaining spreadsheets, updating website content, and maintaining/archiving information
For the purposes of FLSA this position has been determined to be exempt from (not eligible for) overtime under FLSA.
Salary Range: 45,500 to 48,500
The University of Colorado, Colorado Springs offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at http://www.cu.edu/employee-services.
The University of Colorado is committed to providing a safe and productive learning, living and working community. To assist in achieving this goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective applicants being considered for employment. Background investigations include a criminal history record check, and when appropriate, a financial and/or motor vehicle history check.
- A bachelor's degree from an accredited institution of higher education in a field the candidate can articulate as applicable to the position.
- Two years relevant experience consistent with the job competencies of this position and two years of college coursework can be substituted for a Bachelor's degree.
- Previous experience working in an institution of Higher Education.
- Previous experience working with policy development and/or contracts.
- Knowledge of national higher education issues and trends.
- Project management.
Special Instructions to Applicants:• Please provide a cover letter of at least one page that details how you meet the minimum and preferred qualifications, as well as how your previous experience matches the job competencies that are required of this position. • Applications submitted by April 6, 2017 will receive full consideration. • Applications submitted through email or surface mail will not be considered. Please apply at www.cu.edu/cu-careers. • Upon request, please be prepared to provide five professional references (at least two previous/current supervisors), including their email contact information. • Official Transcripts will be required upon hire.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV
Job Category: Business Services
Primary Location: Colorado Springs
Department: C0001 -- Colorado Springs Campus - 40092 - VC-Administration & Finance
Posting Date: Mar 23, 2017
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Steve Horner
Posting Contact Email: email@example.com
Position Number: 00732268