Administrative Assistant for Major & Planned Gifts
This position will provide administrative support for the Executive Director of Major and Planned Gifts, the Director of Planned Gifts and a team of 4-6 fundraisers in the Alumni and College Relations Division of Berea College responsible for raising significant gifts in support of institutional priorities. Duties and responsibilities are varied and highly confidential in nature.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Regular and predictable attendance is essential. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Provide administrative support the Executive Director for Major and Planned Gifts and frontline fundraisers including:
- Coordinate planning for internal and external meetings on behalf of the Executive Director for Major and Planned Gifts
- Process travel expenses and reimbursements, including reconciling receipts and statements in keeping with College policies and procedures
- Gathering materials and information, including proposals, case statements, reports and supporting project information and documentation, in preparation for mailings and presentations to prospective donors,
- Assisting gift officers with database entry; strategy updates and next moves, e-mails, notes, etc
- Assisting in all manner of professional correspondence (proofing, printing, copying, mailing, , entering into Banner)
- Assisting in the planning of presidential development travel, including gathering and organizing itineraries, briefings, profiles, map directions, etc.
- Provide support to staff as they manage specific fundraising efforts and coordinate travel for faculty and staff accompanying on fundraising visits.
- Assisting gift officers with planning certain aspects of campus visits , itineraries/activities with their donors.
- Coordinate reservations for the Division motor pool and maintain all records and receipts in accordance with College policy regarding the motor pool as well as scheduling maintenance, staff use, and maintain registrations.
- Assist in scheduling needs for the Executive Director of Major and Planned Gifts, the Director of Planned Giving.
- Coordinate vacation/travel calendars for frontline fundraisers
- Serve as a back-up for the Administrative Assistant, for the Vice President if needed.
- Train and supervise one student labor position housed in Major and Planned Gifts
- Attend Professional Development classes as needed or requested.
- Assist in other areas within the Division as necessary.
Other roles/duties will be assigned as necessary to assist the College in the attainment of the goals set forth and the enhancement of a positive, respectful learning environment for all staff, faculty and students.