Field Service Technician
Pacific Ozone is the leading manufacturer of air-cooled ozone generators and advanced disinfection systems for industrial applications. The mission of Pacific Ozone is "design, develop and deliver complete ozone solutions worldwide for the benefit of people and the environment". We currently have an exciting opportunity in our Benicia, CA headquarters for an experienced Field Service Technician, with a great combination of customer service and electrical engineering skills, to join our team.
The primary responsibility of the Field Service Technician is to complete field service calls scheduled by customer service. This position will also provide troubleshooting to customers, complete in-house evaluations and repairs, and provide follow up calls to see tasks through to their completion. The Field Service Technician provides technical support, service, repair, commissioning and start-up services for advanced ozone disinfection equipment, control panels and systems, analyzers and instrumentation for leading customers in beverage, biotech, food and industrial process sectors.
- Travel to customer sites to provide field service support for repairs, scheduled maintenance and equipment commissioning services, up to 50 - 70% overnight travel required
- Provide technical service and product troubleshooting by phone, email, internet, video conference and other collaboration tools
- Maintain industrial machinery such as pumps, valves, plumbing, fluid control systems, electrical and process systems, PLC's, and components
- Represents Pacific Ozone in a professional manner at all times
- In collaboration with sales and engineering, coordinate technical support for existing installations and commissioning of new systems, perform site inspections and verify installation compliance to requirements
- Promote aftermarket sales and services to current customers
- Train customers and colleagues on the use and maintenance of ozone equipment
- Responsible for submitting accurate service reports and other required paperwork within the required timeline
- Minimum of an Associate Degree or equivalent experience in electrical engineering, industrial instrumentation or related field
- Minimum of five years' work experience servicing process equipment, PLC's, controls, and familiarity with various process instruments and sensors
- Excellent technical and customer service skills
- Ability to troubleshoot and correct basic to complex technical issues including electrical, electronic, component, control and instrumentation devices, sub-assemblies and complete systems
- Ability to work with all basic electrical test equipment, precision tools and computers
- Ability to work independently with good time management skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs and familiar with ERP and CRM's a plus
- Ability to prioritize multiple responsibilities and assignments
- Must have excellent organizational, planning, and communication skills
- International customer service experience and a second language is a plus
- Must be able to work with the team in developing improved work processes for the department
- Must be a flexible team player with a "can do" attitude
- Must have a valid driver's license and a good driving record
- Must provide your own reliable vehicle and will be responsible for company provided tools
- Must be able to push, pull, lift, climb and lift/move up to 50 lbs.
- Must be able to travel both domestically and internationally
- The physical environment requires the employee to work both inside the office, and in the shop in heat/cold conditions, sitting and/or standing, for long periods of time
- May be requested to work in the field, at customer site, as backup for field service
- Normal work hours are Monday - Friday, 8 AM - 5 PM
- May be requested to work OT to complete projects and deadlines
Pacific Ozone offers a completive salary and full benefits package including medical, dental, life insurance and 401K.
Pacific Ozone is a leading manufacturer of industrial ozone generators and advanced disinfection systems located in Benicia, CA.
The company currently supports a growing installed base of 9,000 machines worldwide in a broad range of industries including beverage, biotech, food, industrial processes and marine. Ozone is the most powerful commercially available disinfectant. It has a far lower impact on the environment and people than traditional solutions. Pacific Ozone seeks skilled technical people who are creative, flexible, have an entrepreneurial spirit and proven problem solving skills to join our team.
Pacific Ozone offers a completive salary and full benefits package including medical, dental, life insurance and 401K for full time employees
Wed, 22 Mar 2017 11:48:07 PDT