Senior Internal Auditor
Our client, a global manufacturing company, is seeking a Senior Internal auditor responsible for leading and conducting internal operational, performance, financial and compliance audit projects and providing follow-up and consulting support to management and staff.
- Performs audit procedures, including identifying and defining issues, developing criteria, reviewing and analyzing evidence and documenting processes and procedures.
- Assesses internal control structures and evaluates compliance with policies, procedures and management's objectives.
- Conducts independent operational and financial reviews throughout the company including interviews, process mapping and evaluation, capital expenditures and disposals, systems audit appraisals, compliance reviews, investigative reviews, and management effectiveness reviews.
- Performs substantive testing to support audit objectives; documents the results of the tests and communicates them in writing and verbally.
- Communicates audit and project results through written reports and presentations.
- Coordinates with the team in benchmarking business activities for process evaluations.
- Adheres to the Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA) Standards of Audit Practices and Code of Ethics.
- Evaluates the adequacy of controls designed to manage key business risks.
- Discuss strengths and opportunities for improvement with Manager and Director - Internal Audit and management, and develops recommendations for improvement.
- Maintains positive interpersonal relationships with management and others by demonstrating productivity, initiative, flexibility, independence, professionalism, and cooperation.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, or business related.
- 3+ years of Auditing experience (2+ years in Big 4) including: Extensive knowledge of internal/external auditing and accounting principles and practices, management principles and preferred business practices and working knowledge of the Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing and the Code of Ethics developed by the Institute of Internal Auditors.
- Skill in collecting and analyzing complex data and drawing logical conclusions.
- Excellent writing and communication skills, documenting and presenting audit reports to senior management and/or external auditors.
- Computer proficiency with Microsoft office suite to prepare reports, memos, summaries and analyses.
- Experience with SAP, ACL, and/or TeamMate
- Ability to travel, including international.
Preferred but not required:
- Professional Audit designation, e.g. CIA, CPA; CPA preferred.
- Pharmaceutical, manufacturing and/or chemical industry experience.
We are a recruiting firm specializing in the areas of Accounting, Finance, Tax, Audit, Operations, and Information Systems for fortune 1000 companies. We provide our clients with temporary and permanent professionals that possess high technical skills.
West Los Angeles, CA
Wed, 22 Mar 2017 17:21:14 PDT