PT Hourly POOL - Stage Technician
Orange Coast College
PT Hourly POOL - Stage Technician
Job# PT Hourly POOL - Lab Inst Asst
Salary: Depends on Qualifications
Full job description and OFFICIAL application available ONLY at: www.cccd.edu/employment. Please click on OPEN POSITIONS located in the menu bar on the left, then select your desired jobs category to access list of open positions.
Under general supervision of the Dean in consultation with Art Department faculty, the employee is to maintain studio facilities and coordinate activities in the art studios including, but not limited to: painting, printmaking, sculpture, ceramics areas; to assist instructors in the preparation of instructional materials and in studio laboratory demonstrations; to operate, maintain and demonstrate studio equipment; to manage lab materials and monitoring supplies; and to perform related work as required.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES:
a. Assist in studio set up, including mixing and dispensing chemicals, , setting up equipment, dispensing equipment.
b. Set up specialized instruments, equipment, and demonstrations.
c. Open and maintain safe facilities for student use
d. Issue equipment and supplies to students and monitor when returned.
e. Assist in ordering supplies.
f. Provide direction to student assistants.
g. Maintain records and documentation on equipment, instruments and supplies necessary for the studio.
h. Demonstrate and maintain consistent safety procedures in the studio.
i. Direct students in emergency procedures and observe/enforce studio rules.
j. Perform general clerical duties related to the maintenance and efficiency of the art studios.
k. Operate District vehicles including scissor lift.
l. Perform other related work as required.
• English grammar, punctuation, and spelling.
• Basic familiarity with art studio equipment and supplies.
• Basic math.
• Simple record keeping.
• Appropriate safety precautions and procedures.
• Properly set up, operate and demonstrate the correct operation/handling of tools, materials and equipment used in the art studios.
• Operate and perform minor routine maintenance to studio equipment.
• Perform basic math.
• Create and maintain simple records using computer based tools.
• Supervise the work of student assistants.
• Operate a vehicle observing legal and defensive driving practices may be required.
• Understand and carry out oral and written instructions.
• Establish and maintain effective cooperative relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
• Demonstrate cultural competency, sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation and ethnic backgrounds of community college students.
Education and Experience:
• Any combination of education and experience that would provide the required qualifications.
• Two (2) years of college level course work in the assigned discipline.
Conditions of Employment
Employment is on a part-time, temporary basis and contingent upon verification of employment history, background verification as governed under Education Code requirements, eligibility to work in the United States, and approval by the CCCD Board of Trustees. Short term/temporary assignments do not offer fringe benefits or pay for holidays or time not worked and are limited to 28 hours per week.
This is a short-term, CONTINUOUS recruitment for an applicant POOL to fill part-time, temporary, hourly assignments on an as-needed basis. We accept applications all year long. Departments or Divisions will refer to the POOL of applications on file, as needed, to fill temporary assignments. (Applicants will remain in the POOL for one year.)
Regular attendance is considered an essential job function; the inability to meet attendance requirements may preclude the employee from retaining employment.
The person holding this position is considered a mandated reporter under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in Coast Community College District policies, procedures, and Title IX. (Reference: BP/AP 5910)
The Coast Community College District celebrates all forms of diversity and is deeply committed to fostering an inclusive environment within which students, staff, administrators, and faculty thrive. Individuals interested in advancing the District's strategic diversity goals are strongly encouraged to apply. Reasonable accommodations will be provided for qualified applicants with disabilities who self-disclose.
Based on the HH and KK Salary Schedules
Coast Community College District is an Equal Opportunity Employer