Senior Fixed Asset Accountant
Our client a global multi-billion dollar biotech company, is seeking to hire a Fixed Assets Accountant. The Fixed Assets Accountant is responsible for maintaining accurate and timely fixed asset records and supporting documentation in accordance with IFRS and U.S. GAAP.
1. Process fixed asset transactions for all operating companies, including construction in process, capitalization and depreciation for book and tax purposes according to IFRS and U.S. GAAP.
2. Prepare monthly fixed asset reports.
3. Maintain fixed asset sub-ledgers and reconciliations to the General Ledger.
4. Maintain compliance with Corporate capitalization policies with respect to spending authorizations, approval documentation and invoice backup by project.
5. Prepare audit schedules and provide supporting documentation related to operating companies' fixed assets. Prepare audit packages with all supporting documentation for new fixed asset acquisitions, including legal agreements, appraisal documentation and journal postings to support purchase price allocation methodology.
6. Maintain data base for tracking the status of Requests for Capital Expenditures
7. Manage all accounting aspects of operating leases, including the maintenance of legal documentation, performance of straight line lease calculations/journal postings, analysis of capital versus operating leases and monitoring of changes in monthly lease payments.
8. Ensure that fixed asset disposals are processed timely within the fixed asset system as assets are retired in order to minimize asset values for tax assessment purposes.
9. Reconcile relevant balance sheet and income statement accounts to ensure accurate information..
10. Collaborate with business units and other departments (e.g. Tax, Accounts Payable, Controllers) on ad-hoc projects.
11. Work with project managers and engineers to collect relevant information and maintain proper status of RCEs.
1. Bachelor's degree in accounting or related field.
2. Certified Public Accountant a plus.
3. A minimum of 4 years relevant accounting experience, property management and/or fixed assets accounting preferred.
4. Experience working in a shared service environment supporting multiple operating units, preferred.
5. Work experience with "Big Four" public accounting firm a plus.
6. Experience utilizing finance/accounting systems, SAP preferred.
7. Strong Excel skills.
Qualifications and Desired Characteristics
1. Knowledge of fundamental accounting concepts, practices and procedures including, fixed assets concepts (e.g. depreciation, fixed assets transfers, fixed assets additions and disposals, etc.).
2. Understanding of tax concepts, including property taxes, sales taxes and tax depreciation methods.
3. Understanding of internal controls over financial reporting (Sox).
4. Effective verbal and written communication skills.
5. Works well with others and a team player.
6. Takes responsibility of assigned tasks and is proactive.
7. Ability to identify continuous improvement measures to optimize the team's performance.
8. A sense of humor
We are a recruiting firm specializing in the areas of Accounting, Finance, Tax, Audit, Operations, and Information Systems for fortune 1000 companies. We provide our clients with temporary and permanent professionals that possess high technical skills.
Los Angeles, CA
Wed, 22 Mar 2017 14:17:40 PDT