Learning Management System (LMS) Administrator
The LMS Administrator will work collaboratively with the Instructional Design and Technology team to develop and support the learning management system for all campus users. The administrator will trouble shoot and resolve technical and end-user issues. The administrator will keep abreast of developments in the LMS environment and recommend and deploy appropriate updates and new applications. The administrator will oversee the management, preparation and delivery of reports from the LMS. The administrator will work with team members to ensure excellent system performance, following established standards and protocols. This position reports to the Director, Instructional Design and Technology and will start on April 24, 2017.
- Provides application and development support to team members and users in the investigation, analysis, and resolution of all problems related to the services and its integrated applications.
- Develops and maintains a thorough knowledge of the LMS hosted in a Linux environment, including operational processes and how they are implemented and configured.
- Performs the installation, development, maintenance, performance monitoring, tuning, vendor contract, and upgrades of the LMS and related software including plugins.
- Administers the LMS including coordinating course management, course archiving, user roles, user privileges and the authentication and authorization of users.
- Provides technical support and guidance for team members in support of all aspects of the LMS architecture, tools and configuration.
- Understands and implements standards, policies, and procedures for the LMS environments at YCP. Maintains data integrity and security, develops and maintains audit procedures and processes to ensure the LMS configuration meets college requirements and compliance regulations.
- Knowledge and proficiency in research, analysis and reporting methods.
- Maintains current knowledge of products, developments, enhancements, and trends in Learning Management Systems and related software.
- Bachelor’s degree, preference for applicants with degree in related field (ex. Computer science, Information Systems)
- Minimum of two years’ experience administering LMS (ideally Moodle) in higher education setting
- Experience with SQL, PHP. Experience with SCORM, LTI, AICC and/or xAPI highly desirable.
- Experience with process management and project management
Interested candidates should electronically submit a cover letter, resume and contact information for three references.
Review of applications will begin immediately. While applications will be accepted until the position is filled, for full consideration, applications should be received by April 30, 2017.