Foundation and Corporate Relations Officer
The Foundation and Corporate Relations Officer is responsible for planning, implementing, and directing the College’s comprehensive program of foundation, corporate and governmental support. This position will require close work with all members of the development staff as well as members of the College faculty, administration, alumni, and volunteers. Reporting to the Vice President for Development & Alumni Relations, this position is part of the Advancement Division which is an integral part of a goal-oriented, detail-focused, and collaborative college environment dedicated to its alumni and students.
• Implement and manage a program to identify, cultivate, solicit, and steward foundation, corporate and government support.
• Develop competitive proposals to foundation, corporate and governmental funders.
• Collaborate with faculty and staff on establishing funding priorities, goals, proposal development, and project time-lines.
• Develop and implement strategies to expand foundation and corporate funding sources on both a regional and national level.
• Manage all ongoing reporting with funders on a timely basis.
• Develop and implement appropriate cultivation and stewardship activities to increase support and awareness of funding initiatives.
• Work cooperatively with development and communications staff to develop appropriate print and electronic support materials as needed.
• Bachelor’s degree required.
• Minimum of 3 years successful experience in foundation/corporate fundraising and/or government grant preparation in a non-profit institution.
• Proven understanding of effective identification, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship techniques, and strategies.
• Demonstrated skills in clear and effective communication skills, both written and verbal.
• Proven research ability and computer skills to facilitate duties.
• Ability to be efficient and work independently while also being able to collaborate effectively in a group setting.
• Ability to organize information, manage multiple assignments and meet deadlines.
• Ability to travel as needed in region and occasionally within U.S.
• Previous experience in higher education and/or with campaigns desirable.
Applicants should email their resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Review of applications will begin immediately.
Washington & Jefferson College (W&J) is committed to increasing diversity in our community and actively pursues individuals from all backgrounds. Additionally, W&J College complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws and provides equal opportunity in all educational programs and activities, admission of students and conditions of employment for all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, sex, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, gender identity, or national origin.
Apply for Foundation and Corporate Relations Officer
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly