Graphic Designer II
Graphic Designer II
Job ID: 101988
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job Code: 0820
Job Grade: Specialist II
Salary and Hours Work Hours: Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Salary Range: $3,717.00 - $6034.00 Monthly Job Summary Incumbent oversees many of the College of Education's most prominent design projects. All projects require sophisticated knowledge of layout, typography, illustration, and visual design principles. The incumbent must consult frequently with others, including: ITC personnel, development personnel, faculty, department chairs, department staff, and other campus offices including: reprographics, and Public Affairs. Incumbent will serve as the lead in supporting faculty and related educational program websites. Incumbent will be responsible for independently managing the various phases of development native to website design: project consultation, prototype creation, primary design, content creation, site implementation, and site maintenance.
For more information on the College of Education, visit: http://www.csus.edu/coe/ Benefits/FLSA This position is covered by health benefits, and is non-exempt, (eligible for overtime compensation) according to the Fair Labor Standards Act.
For more information on the comprehensive benefits package offered by the University visit:
http://www.csus.edu/hr/departments/benefits/benefitsprograms.html Minimum Qualifications Entry to the first level within this classification requires foundation knowledge in the principles and techniques of artistic and graphic design as well as demonstrated design and artistic skills. This knowledge and skill normally is obtained through a college degree in graphic design, fine arts, or a related field or through technical experience and/or relevant coursework. In addition, strong communication skills and the ability to use and maintain currency with applicable computer software packages and systems are essential to entering this classification. Required Qualifications Experience:
1. Experience in developing, maintaining and updating websites.
2. Experience using a web content management (WCM) system.
3. Proficiency in current versions of graphic and web design software and tools (e.g. Adobe Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop, Acrobat, Imageready, Macromedia Dreamweaver, Fireworks, Flash Omnipage Pro, MacLink Plus, IMovie, IPhoto, and/or Microsoft Office).
4. Organizational and project coordination skills.
5. Interpersonal skills to provide effective customer service to a wide range of constituents.
6. Ability to independently design, develop, and troubleshoot complex web pages, websites, and web content.
7. Ability to generate web-usable content from Microsoft Office Suite and/or Photoshop.
8. Ability to effectively consult with appropriate IT personnel on advanced web integration, database, and information security issues.
9. Ability to develop, maintain and update social media content.
10. Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively.
11. Ability to provide lead work direction to others (e.g. student assistants). Preferred Qualifications Preferred Qualifications:
12. Thorough knowledge of current campus documents and university-wide publication needs.
13. Extensive technological knowledge in: Adobe Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop, Acrobat, Imageready, Macromedia Dreamweaver, Fireworks, Flash Omnipage Pro, MacLink Plus, IMovie, IPhoto, and/or Microsoft Office.
14. Ability to work on both Mac and PC computers.
15. Experience in a higher education environment.
16. Experience developing emerging web technologies/applications, such as apps for hand held devices, HTMLs, Cascading Style Sheets (CSS), etc.
17. Experience developing mobile-friendly web pages.
18. Experience developing and deploying mobile apps.
19. Understanding of multimedia, social media, mobile and emerging technology, as well as the application of these tools in education. Eligibility Verification Candidate selected will be required to provide proof of eligibility to work in the U.S. Background Check A background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily before any candidate can be offered a position with California State University, Sacramento. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the application status of applicants or continued employment of current California State University, Sacramento employees who apply for the position. Conflict of Interest The duties of this position include participation in decisions that may have a material financial benefit to the incumbent. Therefore, the selected candidate will be required to file Conflict of Interest Form 700: Statement of Economic Interest when they first occupy the position, and on an annual basis, complete ethics training within 6 months of appointment, and attend this training every other year thereafter. Child Abuse and Neglect Report The person holding this position is considered a "mandated reporter" under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in the California State University Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment. Equal Employment Opportunity California State University, Sacramento is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and has a strong institutional commitment to the principle of diversity in all areas. We consider qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, medical condition, marital status, veteran status, or disability. Sacramento State hires only those individuals who are lawfully authorized to accept employment in the United States.
It is the policy of California State University, Sacramento to provide reasonable accommodations for qualified persons with disabilities who are employees or applicants for employment. If you need a disability related reasonable accommodation as part of the application and/or interviewing process, visit http://www.csus.edu/hr/departments/equal-opportunity/index.html
The University is committed to creating an education and working environment free from discrimination, sexual harassment, sexual violence, domestic violence, dating violence, and stalking. For more information on mandatory training for new employees, visit http://www.csus.edu/hr/departments/equal-opportunity/Information%20for%20Job%20Applicants.html
Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Crime Statistics Act and Campus Fire Safety Right-To-know Act Notification. For additional information, visit http://www.csus.edu/aba/police/ Hiring Preference Eligible on-campus applicants in California State University Employees Union (CSUEU) Bargaining Units 2, 5, 7, and 9 will be given first consideration in the recruitment. Application Deadline Date of close: 11:59 p.m., Wednesday, April 5, 2017. How To Apply Applications are only accepted through the Sacramento State jobs webpage located at http://www.csus.edu/about/employment/. Once there, applicants can also click on the instructions link to see how to apply. External applicants can apply by clicking on the Staff and Management Opportunities at Sacramento State link. Internal applicants can apply by logging on My Sac State.
Please note: Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of application.
Candidate must attach the following materials to the on-line application:
1. Letter of interest (Cover letter).
2. Current curriculum vitae/resume.
For questions regarding this search, contact:
For technical assistance with the application, please contact our IT help desk at 916.278.7337.
To apply, visit: http://www.csus.edu/about/employment/