Admistrative Support Coordinator II
Admistrative Support Coordinator II
Job ID: 101987
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job Code: 1035
Job Grade: Coordinator II
Salary and Hours Work Hours: Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. Occasional overtime, including nights and weekends, may be required.
Salary Range: $3,115.00 - $5,060.00 Monthly Job Summary Reprographics Services is Sacramento State's official print shop, offering one-stop copying and printing services for campus departments and auxiliaries. The staff of Reprographics is committed to providing outstanding customer service, competitive pricing and high-quality results. Reprographics has received over 40 prestigious awards in competition with printers from all over Northern and Central California and Northern Nevada
Mail Services is a full-service campus mail center, processing official University business mail and printed materials for departments and approved University programs. This includes intra-campus mail as well as mail for delivery to the U.S. Post Office. Mail Services also offers UPS shipping services, as well as express mail and bulk mailing services, and is experienced in finding discount rates for these services. Mail Services works closely with Reprographics to provide a seamless process for distributing and mailing printed materials.
Under the general direction of the Director, Reprographics and Mail Services, the incumbent is responsible for costing, estimating, billing, clerical duties, monitoring the support needs of both Reprographics and Mail Services. In addition, the incumbent orders supplies and materials for both operations. The incumbent is responsible for monitoring the fiscal records of the units and performing administrative support with regard to the maintenance of personnel records, correspondence and technical duties in the support of the day-to-day operations of the departments. The incumbent compiles and investigates data in regard to budgeting and operational matters and prepares fiscal reports for the Director. The incumbent must operate a variety of software programs in support of the above functions including database(s), job tracking, estimating system, statistical analysis, project reporting, online job submittal, mail processing and bulk mailing. The incumbent directs the clerical staff and Student Assistant(s) performing work in the Reprographics office area. Must have the ability to multi-task in a deadline-oriented environment.
For more information on the Reprographics Department, visit: http://www.csus.edu/aba/reprographics/ Benefits/FLSA This position is covered by health benefits, and is non-exempt, (eligible for overtime compensation) according to the Fair Labor Standards Act.
For more information on the comprehensive benefits package offered by the University visit:
http://www.csus.edu/hr/departments/benefits/benefitsprograms.html Minimum Qualifications Entry to this classification requires a fully functional knowledge of and skill in standard office procedures and practices, as well as an ability to understand and operate in a variety of organizational structures. Additionally, incumbents are expected to have a thorough knowledge of English grammar, spelling, and punctuation and be able to clearly communicate orally and in writing. Some positions may require knowledge of business mathematics beyond basis arithmetic. The ability to use and quickly learn new office support technology systems and software packages is also a prerequisite.
These entry qualifications would normally be obtained through a high school program, technical/vocational program, or their equivalents combined with several years of related office work experience. Required Qualifications 1. Thorough mastery of English grammar, punctuation and spelling.
2. Expertise in using office software packages, technology and systems.
3. Ability to interpret and apply policies and procedures independently, and use judgment and discretion to act when precedents do not exist.
4. Ability to troubleshoot most office administration problems and respond to all inquiries and requests related to work area.
5. Ability to understand problems from a broader perspective and anticipate the impact of office administration problems and solutions on other areas.
6. Ability to analyze operational and procedural problems and develop, recommend, and evaluate proposed solutions.
7. Ability to perform business math, analyze budgetary data, and make accurate projections requiring some inference.
8. Ability to effectively write and present own reports.
9. Ability to effectively handle interpersonal interactions at all levels and handle highly sensitive interpersonal situations.
10. Ability to use negotiation and persuasion skills to achieve results and expedite projects.
11. Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively.
12. Strong organizational and multi-tasking skills to handle multiple priorities and meet deadlines.
Conditions of Employment:
- Ability to pass a background check. Preferred Qualifications 13. Experience working in an institution of higher education.
14. Experience with specialized computerized estimating/costing/billing system used by Reprographics (such as PrintSmith and DocXpress) and Mail Services (such as EMS/G2)
15. Experience working in a Print and/or Mail environment
16. Experience with University Financial systems CFS, Cognos & Data Warehouse
17. Experience working in a fast paced, deadline driven production environment
18. Experience providing customer service by phone or in person to a diverse population of all levels.
19. Experience with website maintenance. Eligibility Verification Candidate selected will be required to provide proof of eligibility to work in the U.S. Background Check A background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily before any candidate can be offered a position with California State University, Sacramento. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the application status of applicants or continued employment of current California State University, Sacramento employees who apply for the position. Conflict of Interest The duties of this position include participation in decisions that may have a material financial benefit to the incumbent. Therefore, the selected candidate will be required to file Conflict of Interest Form 700: Statement of Economic Interest when they first occupy the position, and on an annual basis, complete ethics training within 6 months of appointment, and attend this training every other year thereafter. Child Abuse and Neglect Report The person holding this position is considered a "mandated reporter" under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in the California State University Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment. Equal Employment Opportunity California State University, Sacramento is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and has a strong institutional commitment to the principle of diversity in all areas. We consider qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, medical condition, marital status, veteran status, or disability. Sacramento State hires only those individuals who are lawfully authorized to accept employment in the United States.
It is the policy of California State University, Sacramento to provide reasonable accommodations for qualified persons with disabilities who are employees or applicants for employment. If you need a disability related reasonable accommodation as part of the application and/or interviewing process, visit http://www.csus.edu/hr/departments/equal-opportunity/index.html
The University is committed to creating an education and working environment free from discrimination, sexual harassment, sexual violence, domestic violence, dating violence, and stalking. For more information on mandatory training for new employees, visit http://www.csus.edu/hr/departments/equal-opportunity/Information%20for%20Job%20Applicants.html
Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Crime Statistics Act and Campus Fire Safety Right-To-know Act Notification. For additional information, visit http://www.csus.edu/aba/police/ Hiring Preference Eligible on-campus applicants in California State University Employees Union (CSUEU) Bargaining Units 2, 5, 7, and 9 will be given first consideration in the recruitment. Application Deadline Date of close: 11:59 p.m., Wednesday, April 5, 2017. How To Apply Applications are only accepted through the Sacramento State jobs webpage located at http://www.csus.edu/about/employment/. Once there, applicants can also click on the instructions link to see how to apply. External applicants can apply by clicking on the Staff and Management Opportunities at Sacramento State link. Internal applicants can apply by logging on My Sac State.
Please note: Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of application.
Candidate must attach the following materials to the on-line application:
1. Letter of interest (Cover letter).
2. Current curriculum vitae/resume.
3. Three (3) references who can speak to a broad range of candidate¿s professional qualifications (including name, title, and telephone number).
For questions regarding this search, contact:
For technical assistance with the application, please contact our IT help desk at 916.278.7337.
To apply, visit: http://www.csus.edu/about/employment/