The Library Director will determine the vision and direction of the Jackson College (JC) Library; establish priorities; supervise library staff and adjunct faculty librarians; manage collection development and other expenditures; and serve on the Jackson College/Jackson District Library Joint Automation Committee.
• Provide vision, administrative leadership, and priorities for a 21st century library to provide services for all college stakeholders, including on-campus operations, external locations, prison education sites and distance learners
• Provide administrative oversight in the Library and supervision of all library staff and adjunct faculty librarians
• Ensure excellent customer service for both internal and external customers
• Demonstrate commitment to and ensure accountability to the college values of integrity,
• Establish and administer Library policies and procedures in collaboration with college leadership and stakeholders, as well with Jackson District Library
• Partner with the International Student Institute, appropriate faculty and students to support the continued efforts to build an international campus
• Coordinate all library scheduling, including the circulation desk, the library reference desk, virtual reference coverage and student workers and serve as back-up in staffing contingencies. Work with appropriate campus offices to determine Library hours and any necessary closings
• Manage the Library’s materials acquisition in a collaborative process in accordance with the approved budget. This includes print materials, digital resources and all subscriptions
• Prepare and analyze required data and information for necessary performance monitoring activities and usage tracking to assure continuous improvement of Library processes and services
• Promote and develop relationships with Jackson District Library, corrections libraries and other libraries
• Exhibit sensitivity to and understanding of diversity regarding; academic, social, economic, cultural, special needs and ethnic backgrounds of students to ensure inclusion and integration of the community spirit
• Develop, schedule, and teach library instruction/information literacy programs in collaboration with JC faculty
• Oversee library archives and provide archival assistance to JC and community stakeholders
• Collaborate with the Information Technology Department in the management of the Information Commons resources and services
• Oversee facility maintenance and usage
• Responsible for understanding, supporting and actively demonstrating the College’s beliefs, values, mission and vision and being in agreement to be evaluated by same.
Required: Master’s Degree in Library Science required with related experience and/or training. Working knowledge of library operations, including library automation systems, budgeting procedures, microcomputer software, web design. Must include the ability to obtain a Law Enforcement Information Network (LEIN) clearance and maintain it annually at all Michigan correctional facilities and be able to enter all facilities as necessary.
4 weeks paid vacation, medical, dental and vision, EAP, 16 paid holidays and more.