Parts & Service Manager #16-0301
The Parts and Service Manager leads the Technicians, Parts employees, and Supervisors in the daily Parts and Service operations for the service branch. This position is responsible for providing a safe workplace and developing a "Safety First" culture. The Parts and Service Manager position is responsible for hiring and developing employees as well as addressing employee issues. This position will be fully responsible for the financial performance of the assigned store(s) and cost centers. As such, it will fall on the Service Manager to create an operating budget, control costs, build loyal customers, meet financial objectives, and establish good employee relations. The Service Manager must address employee and customer complaints in a timely manner, with the focus being to establish and maintain an efficient and pleasant work atmosphere and loyal customer following. Additionally the Parts & Serviced Manager must stay current on the manufacturer's product offerings that are supported, as well as their policy procedures and warranties while ensuring good working relationships with other departments and OEM representatives.
- Participate in required safety programs and ensure that all employees complete safety training and work in a safe manner.
- Responsible for the daily operation of the branch location, including managing location staff, reviewing profit and loss, staffing, employee development and training, equipment utilization, equipment maintenance, and safety regulations.
- Direct various staff members in the performance of their store-related positions.
- Support and train employees on Standard Operating Procedures and ensure that all company policies and procedures are followed.
- Develop, evaluate and motivate staff. Ensure that a formal evaluation session with each employee is completed annually. Creating developmental / learning plans for each employee. Handle any disciplinary actions in compliance with company policy.
- Plan and establish systems to control expenses.
- Monitor inventory levels to assure customer needs can be met on a timely basis.
- Assist customers in the resolution of complaints regarding parts and service.
- Assist in the development of revenue and profit goals, inventory requirements, and headcount requirements for budgeting purposes. Prepare annual operating budgets.
- Responsible for safety audits, safety training, compliance with State and Federal OSHA, MSHA, EPA and DOT regulations.
- Maintain company operating facilities in clean, orderly, and safe condition.
- Establish an atmosphere of customer service throughout the facility.
- Ensure job standards are met, arrange work assignments to cover for vacancies and absences, and keep attendance records.
- Administer Parts and Service strategies for promotions and products
- Supervise Daily Workflow (workload, resources, and equipment processes).
- Support and communicate regularly with the Sales Teams
- Oversee/assist in the collection of accounts receivable.
- Accountable for monthly reports, including filing all injury reports.
- Conduct monthly meetings (safety, financials and current company information)
- Establish and communicate Branch goals.
- Specific industry experienced desired or an equivalent college degree.
- Minimum of 3 to 5 years of experience.
- Possess the necessary problem-solving skills to meet the needs of our customers and employees.
- Excellent people skills with customer service experience.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills.
Since 1914, Yancey Bros. Co. has been marketing, selling, and servicing the most recognizable brands in the world. Founded in 1914 by brothers Goodloe and Earle Yancey, we have exclusively represented Caterpillar products in the state of Georgia since 1918, making Yancey Bros. Co. Nation Oldest Caterpillar Dealer. Our Caterpillar Heavy Equipment Division sells, rents, services, and supports products such as bulldozers, loaders, excavators, and backhoes. Our Power Systems Division sells, services, and supports Cat marine engines, power generation equipment, and industrial engines product lines. The Cat Rental Store opened in 1997 and continues to provide Caterpillar full line of construction and building equipment to customers, as well as sales and rentals of a large variety of non-Caterpillar equipment, ranging from dump trucks to aerial lifts.
In 2005, Yancey Power Systems established Yancey Engineered Solutions to provide specialized services to customers purchasing power units from Caterpillar Griffin, GA Engine manufacturing facility. This division serves customers around the globe as a supplier of sound-attenuated packaging, testing and design solutions, and engineering services for most makes and models of power generation units. In 2007, Blue Bird Bus Corporation announced Yancey as their exclusive dealer for school bus sales, parts, and factory-supported service for Georgia and Alabama. Yancey Bus Sales and Service provides an extensive line of parts and aftermarket services for school buses of all makes and models, including Carrier air conditioning for school buses.
Yancey has over 30 convenient locations, more than 1000 employees, and is one of the largest and oldest family-owned companies in the state of Georgia. From our earliest days to the present, Yancey Bros. Co. has striven to offer the highest level of customer dedicated products and services available. At Yancey, we are committed to hiring and retaining the best and brightest employees in the industry. The combination of a competitive compensation and benefits package, along with top notch training and advancement opportunities, make Yancey Bros. Co. an employer of choice in the region. Whether pursuing a career as an equipment Technician, in sales or management, or a corporate support position, there is an opportunity to grow and develop at Yancey Bros. Co.
Visit us on Facebook at: https://www.facebook.com/yancey.bros.co/
Visit us on LinkedIn at: https://www.linkedin.com/company/yancey-bros--co-?trk=top_nav_home
Wed, 22 Mar 2017 10:21:40 PDT