Neurohospitalist Program Manager
*Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers.*
University of Colorado Denver l Anschutz Medical Campus
School of Medicine Department of Neurology
Neurohospitalist Program Manager (Business Services Program Manager)
Position #727056 - Requisition 08947
The Department of Neurology is seeking to fill a full-time, University Staff (unclassified) Neurohospitalist Program Manager (Business Services Program Manager) position.
The University of Colorado Denver Anschutz Medical Campus is a public research university serving more than 18,000 students. We award nearly 4,000 degrees each year, including more graduate and professional degrees than any other Colorado institution. With our solid academic reputation, award-winning faculty and renowned researchers, we offer more than 140 highly rated degree programs through 13 schools and colleges. The university receives over $400 million in research awards each year. In addition to the wide array of health-related programs and facilities offered at CU Anschutz in Aurora, Colo. a significant number of undergraduate and graduate degree programs are taught at CU Denver, our comprehensive campus in the heart of downtown Denver-one of America's most vibrant urban centers. CU Denver is located steps from the Denver Center for Performing Arts and the LoDo District affording our students, faculty and staff access to a broad array of academic, professional, community, recreational and cultural outlets.
A national leader in health care and life sciences, CU Anschutz is the only comprehensive academic health sciences center in Colorado and the largest in the Rocky Mountain region. Located in Aurora, Colo., it is one of the newest education, research and patient care facilities in the world. With six schools and colleges, CU Anschutz trains the health sciences workforce of the future by blending education, research and clinical care all in one place. This strategic collaboration among diverse health care fields allows knowledge to travel directly from the research bench to the patient's bedside. Read CU Anschutz Quick Facts here.
The University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus ranks among the top institutions nationally in clinical care, education and research. Its 230-acre campus, designed to enhance collaboration and interprofessional education, hosts the College of Nursing; the Schools of Dental Medicine, Medicine, Pharmacy, and Public Health; the Graduate School; a Health Sciences Library; and two hospitals. Strategically located contiguous to the campus are a biosciences research park and the soon-to-be-completed Veterans Hospital. CU Anschutz offers two undergraduate degrees, 35 graduate degrees, and five first-professional programs. More than 4,000 students learn alongside faculty members who also make meaningful medical discoveries and provide expert clinical care through 1.5 million patient-visits annually. A hub for research and innovation, CU Anschutz receives over $400 million in research awards each year and has filed 1,300 patent applications and formed 53 new companies since 2002.
The Program Manager manages and makes decisions pertaining to the day to day operations of the Neurohospitalist Section which is comprised of 7 faculty, 3 Advanced Practice Providers, 2 Fellows and 2 administrative staff. This position supervises subordinate administrative staff and provides project management and data analysis for Neurohospitalist programs. The Program Manager serves as a strategic advisor; independently analyzing, interpreting and coordinating policies and procedures pertaining to Neurohospitalist Section operations and programs and makes recommendations relative to business affairs, funds and resources. Additionally, this role creates and executes processes to streamline and improve program functions. This position provides excellent internal/external customer service at all levels and establishes and maintains a strong working relationship with Neurology Faculty, Program Director, Associate Program Directors, the Division Administrator, HR Staff, Neurology Residency Program and University of Colorado Hospital (UCH) Administration. This position requires a high level of attention to detail and the ability to prioritize and multi-task.
Examples of Work Performed: Duties include but are not limited to:
Develop processes and manage projects to provide and support continuous improvement to Neurohospitalist Section clinical and educational programs and initiatives.
- Analyze, interpret and maintain knowledge of procedures, regulations and polices established by the University, UCH and/or other external entities.
- Develop and refine Neurohospitalist Section systems, processes and internal controls to create efficiencies and ensure best practices.
- Facilitate and participate in special committees assigned to select and implement new programs and process improvements/modifications.
- Lead the development, design, implementation and management of a new Neurohospitalist Fellowship Program.
- Lead the development, design, implementation and management of a new APP Fellowship Program.
- Administer and manage Neurohospitalist Section clinical schedule for all Neurology providers. Approve and coordinate schedule requests and changes in AmIOn. Act as liaison with Student, Resident, Fellow, Clinic, Inpatient, MSTU, other Divisions to communicate schedule changes as necessary.
- Work with Education Director to develop, design and implement education evaluation tools for the Neurohospitalist Section.
- Design and develop online learning systems and tools to support curriculums and educational efforts.
- Delegate project related duties as necessary to administrative staff and collaborate with other division and group members to accomplish program and project goals.
- Communicate pertinent information to Neurohospitalist Section faculty and staff as well as Division, Department of Neurology, University of Colorado Hospital and other internal and external entities both verbally and in writing as needed.
Develop and supervise all aspects of recruitment-related programs and endeavors for Neurohospitalist Fellows and Faculty.
- Conduct ongoing analysis and evaluation of recruitment methods and provide updates to Director.
- Develop and establish procedures to streamline and improve the recruitment, hiring/selection and new employee on-boarding processes.
- Strategize with the Neurohospitalist Section Leadership team/Recruitment Committee to execute recruitment plans.
- Direct group's marketing and recruitment initiatives in conjunction with Neurohospitalist Section Director.
- Implement and maintain program marketing materials and advertising plans.
- Manage and monitor all recruitment - related expenses.
- Communicate with prospective faculty to give details and information about the Neurohospitalist Section, University and UCH.
Direct special event planning for the Hospital Medicine Group including but not limited to recruitment and faculty business meetings.
- Monitor and approve event budgets, oversee, monitor and administer contract negotiations and vendor management to ensure requirements are met per University, UPI and UCH policies and procedures.
Salary and Benefits:
The hiring salary for this position is commensurate with skills and experience. This position is not eligible for overtime compensation.
The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at https://www.cu.edu/employee-services.
The University of Colorado Denver Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
The University of Colorado Denver Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
- A bachelor's degree in business, health/public administration, accounting, human resources, or other closely related field from an accredited college or university.
- The position requires extensive, diverse and progressively responsible experience at the management level, including direct responsibility for program and/or project management.
Substitution: A combination of education and related technical/paraprofessional experience may be substituted for the bachelor's degree on a year for year basis, but not for the specific experience.
- A master's or higher earned degree in business, health/public administration, accounting, human resources, or other closely related field from an accredited college or university.
- Experience working in an academic medical setting.
Competencies/Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong oral and written communication, interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Capacity to work collaboratively with all levels of staff.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Attention to detail, organization and project management skills.
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team, handle a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to multitask and meet deadlines.
Special Instructions to Applicants:*Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers.* REQUIRED APPLICATION MATERIALS: 1). A letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications. 2) A current resume/CV. 3) List of 3-5 professional references. Questions should be directed to Leah Lleras at Leah.Lleras@ucdenver.edu.
Reference checks are a standard step in our hiring process. You may be asked to provide contact information, including e-mail addresses, for up to 5 references if you are referred to the Hiring Authority for an interview. We will notify you prior to contacting both on and off-list references.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References
Application Materials Instructions:APPLICATION DEADLINE: Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
Job Category: Business Services
Primary Location: Aurora
Department: H0001 -- Anschutz Medical Campus - 20244 - SOM-Neurology
Posting Date: Mar 22, 2017
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Leah Lleras
Posting Contact Email: Leah.Lleras@ucdenver.edu
Position Number: 00727056