Adjunct Faculty, Medical Assisting - Certificate Program
Campus or Location Metropolitan Campus, Western Campus
Vacancy Number PT253-17
Reports To Associate Dean
Recruitment Type External/Internal
Job Category Part-Time Faculty
Position Type Part-Time
Union Position Non-Union
Number of Openings Multiple
Job Description Summary
Medical Assisting - Certificate Program
Provides Medical Assisting instruction appropriate to the Standards and Guidelines established by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (CAAHEP). Maintains effective communication with students, graduated, faculty, and other instructors. Performs didactic instruction and evaluation for students in the program courses. Provides input for needs assessment, continued development, accreditation and outcome assessment of the Medical Assisting Program. Responsibilities also include participating in course preparation and evaluation. Applicant may teach various courses related to the medical assisting field including courses in medical office communications, medical office procedures, clinical medical assisting skills, introduction to pharmacology or ethics for health care professionals.
Associate in Applied Science degree or higher. Minimum of 40 hours in an ambulatory health care setting performing or observing administrative and clinical procedures in medical assisting.
Willingness to learn and/or have experience in the use of instructional technologies to teach traditional, hybrid and/or distance learning classes, and /or as a supplement
Knowledge and skills in a variety of computer usage and software applications, including but not limited to Microsoft Office Applications (Outlook, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint)
Certified Medical Assistant (CMA), American Association of Medical Assisting (AAMA) credential or Credentialed in Medical Assisting by a Nationally Accredited Credentialing organization and eligible for AAMA certification.
In addition to the qualifications listed for each position, the ideal candidate will show evidence of:
• Demonstrated teaching experience
• Minimum of one year experience teaching in an online or blended environment
• Experience using quality metrics (i.e. Quality Matters, Sloan 5 Pillars, etc.) to design and develop courses
• Ability to develop new curriculum and learning units in anticipation of changes in market discipline
• Belief that individuals can make a difference in the lives of students
• Excellence in teaching and facilitating the learning process for students, learning and using new technology, and applying diverse instructional strategies in response to using new technology, and applying diverse instructional strategies in response to learner demographics and learning styles
• Belief in the value of working and learning in a diverse environment
• Excellent oral, written and listening skills
• Ability to adapt to dynamic multi-campus organizational work environments
• Being a successful advocate for new initiatives in curriculum or delivery
• Understanding and embracing the mission of the community college
• Capability to teach in more than one discipline
• Possessing the energy and persistence to motivate and support others to pursue the larger goal
• Being skilled in building strategic alliances both with in and across disciplines, and within and outside the College
To be determined based on business unit need. Classes may be offered during the day, evening and/or weekend. Please indicate your availability when applying for this position.
Target Hiring Rate/Salary
This is a part-time (adjunct) faculty position.
Adjunct faculty positions are ongoing pooled positions. Therefore, your materials will remain on file and be reviewed on an as needed basis.
In the event you are called for an interview, please have copies/unofficial or official transcripts for the required degree and 2 professional letters of reference available to bring with you at the time of interview.
Posting Open Date 03/22/2017
Posting Close Date
Open Until Filled Yes
For full consideration, apply by this date
Special Instructions to Applicants
Affirmative Action Statement
Cuyahoga Community College is committed to attaining excellence through the recruitment and retention of a qualified and diverse workforce. Cuyahoga Community College is an equal employment/educational opportunity institution
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How did you learn of this position?
- The Cleveland Plain Dealer
- Tri-C web site
- Tri-C employee referral
- City News
- Search Firm/Agency
- Other publication
- Other web site
- Career Fair
- * Do you have an Associate in Applied Science degree or higher?
- * Do you have a minimum of 40 hours in an ambulatory health care setting performing or observing administrative and clinical procedures in medical assisting?
Required Documents Required Documents
- Cover Letter
- Resume/Curriculum Vitae
- Transcript 1
- Transcript 2
- Transcript 3