College Laboratory Technician - Nursing and Allied Health Sciences
Performs highly-skilled laboratory functions and other technical duties in support of coursework.
- Sets up, maintains, and organizes student laboratories
- Assists students with setting up experiments and other learning exercises, and with the use of equipment and materials
- Maintains appropriate safety and hygiene standards
- Maintains required documentation related to laboratory activities
- Manages equipment and materials inventories.
Job Title Name: College Laboratory Technician
College Laboratory Technician
CAMPUS SPECIFIC INFORMATION
The College Laboratory Technician will report to the Chairperson at Bronx Community College. Assignments and responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Maintains the day-to-day activities and services of the nursing skills lab, Including laboratory and simulation scenarios set up, for day and evening laboratory sessions.
- Maintains equipment and ensures Its operation; makes simple repairs and performs minor maintenance to laboratory equipment.
- Assists faculty and students in the skills and simulation laboratories.
- Maintains inventories of supplies and equipment; preparation of orders for laboratory equipment and supplies.
- Maintains laboratory usage reports and maintenance of student records, i.e. student attendance records.
- Communicates to level Coordinators routinely of any problems i.e. faculty and student concerns.
- Prepares hazardous waste materials (i.e. sharps) for disposal in compliance with EPA and OSHA regulations.
- Works safely and follow safety rules.
- Reports unsafe equipment, working conditions and behaviors promptly.
- Takes reasonable and prudent actions to prevent others from engaging In unsafe behaviors while in the skills and simulation laboratories.
- Exposure to hazards related to working with medical waste/sharps, etc.
- Subject to walking, sitting, standing, bending, reaching, kneeling, stooping and lifting of objects up to 30 pounds (mannequins, task trainers, etc.)
High School Diploma with a minimum of four years' related experience. Additional education may be used to meet the experience requirement: an Associate degree may be substituted for two years experience, and a Bachelor's degree may be substituted for four years experience.
- Registered Nurse with a current NYS license in good standing
- Associate and/or Bachelor's Degree in Nursing
- Knowledge and proficiency in performance of nursing skills
- Experience In Simulation
$40,027 - $64,050; ($40,627 - $65,011)
Salary subject to new contract implementation.
CUNY offers a comprehensive benefits package to employees and eligible dependents based on job title and classification. Employees are also offered pension and Tax-Deferred Savings Plans. Part-time employees must meet a weekly or semester work hour criteria to be eligible for health benefits. Health benefits are also extended to retirees who meet the eligibility criteria.
HOW TO APPLY
Applicants must apply online by accessing the CUNY website at www.cuny.edu and navigating to the following links: Select "Employment", then select "Search Job Postings" and find JOB ID #16484. Please attach resume and cover letter. References on request. Please do not include any other documentation.
For general assistance with your CUNYfirst application, please go to http://www.cuny.edu/employment/jobsysteminstructions.html for information.
April 20, 2017
JOB SEARCH CATEGORY
CUNY Job Posting: Support Staff
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
CUNY encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. At CUNY, Italian Americans are also included among our protected groups. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.
Location: Bronx Community College
Job Title: College Laboratory Technician - Nursing and Allied Health Sciences
Job ID: 16484
Full/Part Time: Full-Time