Human Resources Intern
TCS Education System
TCS Education System is hiring a Human Resources Intern to assist the Human Resources Department.
The Human Resources Intern will directly assist the Human Resources department with a wide range of projects related to HR compliance, recruiting, onboarding/orientation, employee benefits, and HRIS. He or she will gain a better understanding of the role that Human Resources can play in an organization, and be better prepared to work in an area of human resources.
Position responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Develop a working knowledge of HRIS database
- Develop an understating of Illinois and federal employment laws
- Responsible for data entry into HRIS and generating reports
- Maintain confidential employment data , health records, and electronic data utilizing HRIS database
- Develop an understanding of System benefits and resources
- Provide support regarding talent aquistion and new hire processes
- Support the administrative needs of the HR department team
- Performs customer service functions by answering employee requests and questions
- Assist in updating Human Resource department materials and policies
- Other duties as assigned
- Ability to execute, multi-task and thrive in an extremely fast paced, high growth environment
- Must maintain high-level of confidentaily
- Ability to work independently without close supervision and seek consultation when necessary
- Is a quick learner who enjoys learning broadly across multiple areas
- Can work in a fast-paced environment and balance multiple deadlines simultaneously
- Is organized and detail-oriented with an eye for accuracy
- Is working toward a degree in Human Resources, Psychology, or a related field; Graduate level perferred.
- Has an interest in Human Resources including the following areas: Talent Management, Employee Engagement, HR Operations, and Compliance
- Must possess proficient knowledge/skills with the Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, database software, Internet, Web applications and scheduling/organizing software.
TCS Education System is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
TCS Education System (TCS) is a nonprofit system of colleges that was launched in 2009 to advance student success and community impact. Currently, the System spans five colleges, campus locations across 12 cities and a community of 21 global academic partners to fulfill the aspirations of nearly 7,000 students. The TCS model provides its colleges with the scale of resources necessary to succeed, including admissions and enrollment operations, finance and accounting, information and learning technology, marketing, strategic planning, compliance and legal services, human resources, and global engagement among other areas of professional expertise. The System was founded on the belief that by sharing administrative resources and allowing colleges to concentrate on providing students with quality, social change-focused education, we can give each member of our community the power to change the world. TCS colleges include The Chicago School of Professional Psychology, Pacific Oaks College & Children's School, The Santa Barbara & Ventura Colleges of Law, Dallas Nursing Institute, and Saybrook University.
To learn more, watch our System video and explore our community at www.tcsedsystem.edu