Generate Capital is seeking an Investment Analyst to help underwrite and manage our growing portfolio of resource efficiency assets.
- Conducting due diligence on companies and projects by researching, reading financial statements and market data
- Business development and outreach
- Analyzing financial information relating to specific companies, e.g. company results, profit and loss, balance sheet and cash flow statements to determine how an organization is positioned to deliver for investors
- Keeping up to date with market developments, new technologies
- Helping prepare investment memoranda and making recommendations to the investment committee
- Preparing formal presentations, reports, and project assignments, assembling data from multiple sources to develop and produce coherent investment memorandums
- Unimpeachable character, strong values orientation, and a cultural fit with an entrepreneurial venture
- Intellectual curiosity, a strong work ethic and commitment to a superior work product
- Minimum of 2+ years of financial modeling experience
- Experience closing project finance deals in the resource efficiency space
- Experience managing projects from start to finish
- Proven ability to work with diverse groups of people in challenging and complex endeavors
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Superior interpersonal skills
- Detail orientation and meticulousness with a constant desire for timeliness and accuracy of data; ability to manage quality, accuracy and consistency of work products
- Resourceful and creative in approach to research and problem-solving
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, including Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
- Ability to synthesize and clearly communicate findings of analyses
- Ability to work well in a dynamic and rapidly changing environment
- Proven ability to balance multiple assignments and meet strict deadlines
- Bachelors degree with high academic achievement
- Glowing references from prior employers and peers
- Record of high academic achievement
- Engineering or other technical degree a plus
Compensation: Commensurate with experience
Reporting: This position will report to the Chief Investment Officer
The last several decades have ushered in a dramatic rise in demand for natural resources like energy, water, food, and materials. As a result, trillions of dollars of investment have gone into resource-related technologies to reduce the cost of both producing and using those resources. McKinsey is calling this the Resource Revolution -how can we use technology to do more with less of our natural resources? Thanks to these now-standard resource-related technologies, distributed, networked infrastructure is the most cost-effective and reliable way to produce critical resources (energy, food, water, materials). We believe that we can solve the world's resource issues and we don't need to reinvent the world to do so. We need to rebuild it. While some focus on finding new and revolutionary tools, we rebuild resource systems with the high-impact, economic, and proven solutions we have today.
Up until now, new energy asset finance (a $300B annual market) has been dominated by larger-scale projects that tend to attract traditional capital sources. Generate Capital, on the other hand, is focused on being a capital partner to lower middle market project developers and solution providers that are typically overlooked by traditional financiers for a variety of reasons: asset size, underwriting complexity, project duration and perhaps above all, the recent increases in regulation and overhead for those banks and public sector finance entities. As a long-term investor with truly permanent capital, Generate Capital provides a standardized origination and underwriting engine that results in profitable funding for these smaller deals and aggregates them to sufficient size for leverage, securitization or other forms of liquidity.
With a $4B pipeline of projects, completed transactions totaling over $400M and a utility-like, pay-as-you-go model (which we call Infrastructure-as-a-ServiceTM), Generate Capital has quickly established itself as a pioneer and leader in this enormous market.
San Francisco, CA
Wed, 22 Mar 2017 10:27:45 PDT