Controls Project Engineer
Controls Project Engineer
This job opening is for the person that has experience in delivering effective process control system solutions in the Food & Beverage, Consumer Products, or Chemical Processing industry and proven project leadership capability.
Responsible for the leadership, execution and completion of process control system contracts and other jobs as assigned. Responsible for project scheduling and budgeting, purchasing, written scope and specifications, complete electrical hardware design, PLC Programming, HMI programming, and testing for process area control systems. May direct the work of staff members assigned in project support roles.
Expertise and programming experience in PLC, PC, HMI, and SCADA system applications is a must. Experience across multiple PLC, HMI, and DCS platforms is preferred. Relevant experience in engineering skills and programming disciplines typically applied in the fields of Material Handling, and Manufacturing Automation is a plus.
Development and implementation of custom control system solutions for customers in various industrial environments will be required. Additional experience with power systems, drive systems, OPC connectivity, and OEE analysis would be a plus.
Responsible for the execution and completion of all contracts and jobs awarded the Company as well as service and repair work in a safe, thorough, and profitable manner to the satisfaction of the customer.
Tasks and Duties
1. Prepares drawings, specifications, and material lists as needed for awarded jobs.
2. Responsible for the development, programming, implementation, and commissioning of assigned projects in an accurate and timely manner to the customer's satisfaction.
3. Responsible for the leadership of assigned support staff and associates to execute project deliverables.
4. Confer with customers, vendor, and suppliers as needed.
5. Responsible for providing all information necessary to the installation crews to facilitate and expedite a quality installation of the control system.
6. Responsible for assigned customer service work and trouble-shooting.
7. Timely reporting of labor hours and materials used to ensure prompt and accurate job costing and customer invoicing.
8. Attend trade show conferences and seminars as deemed appropriate.
9. Responsible for pursuing ongoing formal education, as appropriate, including but not limited to attending classes, outside study, testing.
10. Assists Principal Controls Engineer on specific projects or portions of projects as assigned.
11. Service/repair work in a safe, thorough, and profitable manner to the satisfaction of the customer.
12. Performs all other duties as assigned.
Control Dynamics, Inc. is based in West Michigan with customers throughout the greater Michigan, Northern Indiana, and Northern Ohio region. We offer industry competitive benefits in a friendly work environment.
10% to 25% travel may be required.
BSEE or equivalent experience and education, 5-10 years experience in relevant field.
Control Dynamics, Inc. is a Systems Integration company specializing in electrical and control systems. Our company and industry focus is Food and Beverage processing, Material Handling, and Manufacturing Data Systems. Our staff is comprised of both controls engineers, software engineers, and licensed electricians and we offer turnkey controls solutions in these industry segments. Control Dynamics is a privately held small company with a great team of professionals working together to serve our customers with integrity and excellence.
Wed, 22 Mar 2017 11:26:59 PDT