Webmaster and Project Coordinator-Professional Research Assistant
University of Colorado - School of Medicine
Professional Research Assistant
The Division of General Internal Medicine has an opening for a professional research assistant to serve as the PCRC's Webmaster and be a project coordinator within the Palliative Care Research Cooperative Group's (PCRC) Project Coordinating Center (PCC). The PCRC's mission is to develop scientifically based methods that lead to meaningful evidence for improving quality of life of patients with advanced and/or potentially life-limiting illnesses and their caregivers, including family members and providers of care. Detailed information about the PCRC and its Centers and Cores is available on the PCRC website (palliativecareresearch.org). The PCRC Project Coordinating Center (PCC) provides centralized services and products to PCRC members and the palliative care research community at large. The PCRC website (palliativecareresearch.org) is the primary mechanism to share information with PCRC members as well as the broader palliative care research community, and requires regular monitoring, maintenance, and updating to ensure it is current and relevant.
The incumbent of this position will have two major responsibilities: 1) serve as the PCRC's Webmaster and 2) serve as a project coordinator within the PCC. The Webmaster will augment an existing PCRC website, and regularly interact with investigator members, PCRC Centers and Cores, and the Executive Committee. The Operations team within the PCC is responsible for ensuring the various components of the cooperative group are attended to and run smoothly. The project coordinator will work as a member of this team to assist in these operational tasks, including, but not limited to information dissemination, development of toolkits and training materials, tracking and reporting of key performance indicator metrics, and conducting site visits.
Examples of Work Performed
1. PCRC Webmaster:
- Maintain PCRC website. Examples of work include: monitoring content on website to ensure it is accurate and relevant, code is compatible with various browsers, links work property, images display properly. New content added regularly and obsolete content removed.
- Website Domain oversight: Ensure server is secure, have emergency back-up procedures so the site can still function if there are server problems. Be the point of contact with website host for any issues related to server.
- Web Design and Development: Designing and/or augmenting existing design so that it is attractive, intuitive, and fully functional.
- Marketing: Setting up trackers within the code of the website to examine site traffic. -Analyze and provide summary of site traffic on a quarterly basis.
- Management of Access Rights: Different users may have varying levels of permissions that need to be maintained by Webmaster.
2. PCC Project Coordinator:
- Develop materials for new and existing studies to facilitate successful study conduct.
- Attend and document proceedings at bi-annual PCRC Investigator Meetings.
- As a member of the Operations team, track and report on key performance indicator (KPI) metrics, as requested by the PCRC Executive Committee.
- Communicate directly with members of the PCRC and the broader palliative care research community, and assist them with requests as needed.
- Develop and maintain tracking systems.
- Assist Operations team in the preparation and tracking of grant applications / submissions.
- Bachelor's degree and a minimum of 4 years of experience required.
- Prior website management strongly preferred.
- Master's degree preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to work alone and in a team
- Ability to work under pressure to meet strict deadlines
- Design experience with Web Services (e.g., REST, SOAP)
- Understanding of international web standards and protocols
- Creativity and artistic imagination
- Strong writing skills (for website content)
- Flexibility with regard to adapting to new techniques and information
- Thoroughness and precision in work products
- Ability to work on many different things in a given period of time
- People skills: Need to be able to effectively ask for and get help from others, obtain and share information clearly, and maintain effective working relationships with a variety of people
- Research skills: each project will have new challenges to learn, and being self-reliant to problem solve and identify solutions is paramount. Solutions may be technical, interpersonal, content related, or how to best "market" an idea or product.
- Persistence and resourcefulness
Salary and Benefits:
Salary is commensurate with skills and experience. The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at Employee Services.
The University of Colorado Denver is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
The University of Colorado strongly supports the principle of diversity. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires that verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work. Alternative formats of this ad are available upon request for persons with disabilities.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References
Application Materials Instructions:
Applications are accepted electronically at CU Careers, refer to requisition ID: 8685
When applying, applicants must include:
- A letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications
- A current Resume/CV
- The names, addresses, daytime telephone numbers and e-mail addresses for three professional references, either attached to your resume/CV or uploaded as a separate document
Please do not submit any of your application material (via email) to the job posting contact.
Job Category: Faculty
Primary Location: Aurora
Department: H0001 -- Anschutz Medical Campus - 20209 - SOM-MED-GIM
Posting Date: Mar 22, 2017
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Rachel Kendrick
Posting Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Position Number: 00702675