Sr. Energy Technician
The University of Miami, Facilities Management Dept. is seeking a Sr. Energy Technician who is responsible for the optimum efficiency of the Energy Shops daily operations and its assigned staff of Energy Technicians.
The Sr. Energy Technician will have direct leadership and supervisory responsibility over energy management technicians, HVAC personnel, other maintenance personnel (as required) and contractors to ensure high-quality facilities conditions and operations while safeguarding University asset in support of chiller plant operations, energy controls systems, including installations, field programming and repairs for all campus facilities.
• Scheduled 40 hours per week
• Overtime opportunities
• Shift Differential (extra compensation for working an afternoon or evening shift)
• Call Back and On-Call compensation
• Health insurance and vacation/sick time
1. Must have/provide High School diploma or equivalent
2. Must have performance and strong knowledge in the craft environment of Building Maintenance and /or Facilities Management, for at least five (5) years.
3. Must have a minimum of five (5) years of full time experience in energy control systems in a energy technician capacity. Work experience must be related to the installation and service of building electrical and direct digital control systems. A Trade School certificate is preferred.
4. Must continuously possess a valid Florida Driver’s License and be able to meet the insurance requirements of the University of Miami.
5. Must have excellent written and verbal English language communication skills, as oral and written instructions are disseminated in English by the department, the University community and outside entities.
6. Must be capable of data input, data extraction, and interpretation of the computerized maintenance management system and the operations of MS-Excel and Word.
7. Must have proven emphasis on teamwork, cooperation, customer relations, and leadership in problem solving, and provide a customer-oriented service group to meet the changing needs of the University environment.
8. Effectively manages and coaches staff and identifies areas of development or training.
9. Must be willing and able to perform shift work, to respond to after-hours emergency call-in, to work with other crafts and other duties as assigned.
10. Must be willing and able to work in conditions that are adverse (i.e. hot, dusty, cramped, wet, dirty, enclosed, and work from heights and areas where climbing is required).
11. Must be able to operate power hand tools.
12. Must be able to read blue prints, do material take-off calculations, accurate cost estimating.
13. Must possess working knowledge of refrigeration systems, construction and operation of large capacity Chillers, operation and repair of HVAC Systems and associated components, and knowledge of pneumatic and l electronic control systems.
14. Must comply with and enforce the policies and procedures of the University of Miami, and the policies and procedures of the Facilities Administration. Department.
15. Must keep skill sets current with the needs of the working environment.
16. Must maintain time schedules and work with varied and flexible schedules in the University environment.
17. Must have good leadership skills and lead by example.
18. Must follow and support University and Departmental Mission Statements and Core Values:
- Quality Workmanship,
- Honesty, Integrity and Ethical Behavior,
- Respect for Each Other,
- Providing a high level of Customer Service / Customer Satisfaction.
19. Must complete about 8 hours of training for the National Incident Management System (NIMS) certification for this position.
20. Must have excellent customer service, communications and interpersonal skills. Must be professional, responsive, and reliable and exceed customer expectations.
21. Must have sufficient physical ability, strength, manual dexterity, and lifting ability to lift, move or carry 50 lbs. over a distance of 20 feet. This includes but is not limited to handling equipment for specialist crafts, carpentry, HVAC, electrical, plumbing, motors, pumps, air conditioning components, lighting fixtures and poles, concrete work, and carpentry. Must be able to work from heights and in areas where climbing is required up to 40 feet. An example and frequency of these Physical abilities is outlined below:
Physical Abilities: Amount of time spent in the following activities:
1. Sedentary 10 lbs maximum frequent
2. Light 20 lbs maximum frequent
3. Medium 50 lbs maximum frequent
4. Heavy 100 lbs maximum some
5. Very Heavy 100 lbs plus infrequent
B. Stooping frequent K. Pulling frequent
C. Kneeling frequent L. Climbing frequent
D. Crouching some M. Balancing frequent
E. Crawling infrequent N. Standing constant
F. Reaching constant O. Walking constant
G. Handling constant P. Twisting constant
H. Sitting frequent Q. Bending constant
I. Feeling constant R. Abnormal
J. Pushing frequent Posture some
22. Other duties as assigned. Apply online. Position #P1000009321
The University of Miami offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package including medical and dental benefits, tuition remission, vacation, paid holidays and much more. The University of Miami is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Follow us on Twitter @univmiamijobs]]>