IMT Support Desk Analyst - IMT Personal Technology
Azusa Pacific University is a comprehensive, evangelical, Christian university located 26 miles northeast of Los Angeles, California. A leader in the Council for Christian Colleges & Universities, APU is committed to excellence in higher education. Offering over 80 bachelors, masters and doctoral programs on campus, online, and at seven regional centers across Southern California, APU has been recognized as one of U.S.News & World Report's Best Colleges for seven years running. The university provides outstanding opportunities for staff in advancement, professional growth, and Christian ministry. APU seeks staff who model excellence in their discipline and have a clear and compelling understanding of their faith and Christian commitment.
For staff positions, please apply directly at: http://apustaffjobs.silkroad.com
Our desire is to provide the APU community of faculty, staff, and students a place of support, and encouragement, to facilitate growth in the fast-changing and growing world of technology. We do this by having servant's hearts, to strive to pass on the knowledge of what we know to develop self-sufficient and self-confident technology users. This person will be a member of a team that will provide quality customer service for technology services. They will be responsible for responding to technology service calls received by the Support Desk regarding hardware, software, and Internet support. This position requires someone who is totally committed to excellence in customer service and a good understanding of APU's overall business, business structures and business practices.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience, computer field preferred.
- Three to five years of computer customer service experience, computer field preferred.
Primary Duties/Essential Functions
- Provides quality customer service and performs other duties as assigned by the IMT Manger of Customer Support.
- Provides initial (Tier 1) troubleshooting for hardware and software related computer problems, and coordinates provision of support for APU owned desktops, laptops, and standard peripherals.
- Provides initial (Tier 1) troubleshooting for Internet, remote access, and related questions and problems.
- Provides customer support over the phone and by email to the faculty/staff and students.
- Assist in increasing a user's knowledge as a way to enable users to troubleshoot/resolve issues independently.
- Provide documentation and assist and maintain knowledgebase.
- Attend and participate in IMT forums and meetings.
- May need to work flexible hours outside of traditional business hours.
- Regular, punctual attendance as required by the supervisor based on department needs.
- Performs other duties as required by the supervisor.
Azusa Pacific University is a Christ-centered, multicultural community that values and seeks faculty and staff who are committed to diversity, work effectively with diverse populations, and engage others in ways that honor our rich cultural mosaic and biblical foundation.
Click below to discover some of the many benefits APU employees enjoy including competitive health care options, an 8% retirement match, and a generous tuition discount.
You can learn more about APU by watching the stories of faculty, staff, and alumni as they carry out our mission here: http://www.apu.edu/stories/
Azusa Pacific University will conduct a background check on all final candidates.
Review of applications will begin immediately, and the position will remain open until filled unless otherwise stated. Azusa Pacific University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, or status as a veteran in any of its policies, practices, or procedures. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.