Develops and maintains web sites for a department, college, or program. Creates content, adapts existing content to a Web-friendly format, creates and maintains the logical structure of the content. Works with a variety of departments, colleges and others as appropriate.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Develops and maintains plan for organization's Internet presence, based on management priorities, policy directions, and goals.
2. Creates enhancements and modifications to web sites; organizes and maintains the sites.
3. Assesses new standards, technologies and trends, and formulates strategies and plans for future enhancement of web sites.
4. Programs HTML and uploads pages to the web sites.
5. Ensures that web sites are accessible from a variety of different environments.
6. Produces a consistent visual image on the web sites including maintenance of templates and image archives.
7. Ensures that images are delivered to the viewer at sufficiently high speed and quality.
8. Creates image links, and ensures that links are up to date; updates information on pages and databases so that content is current.
9. Troubleshoots and repairs bugs and problems.
10. Responds to web designer mail; provides and analyzes traffic statistics and reports.
11. Develops, researches, writes/edits and creates layout for new sections/features.
12. Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
Minimum Job Requirements
• High school diploma or GED with 3 to 5 years of directly related experience; directly related, completed degrees from accredited institutions may be substituted for experience on a year-for-year basis.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
• Ability to effectively manage time and schedules.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.
• Project management skills.
• Strategic planning skills.
• Proofreading and editing skills.
• Ability to create, compose, and edit written materials.
• Knowledge and understanding of current authoring languages, editing and authoring tools, and related website technologies.
• Ability to utilize computerized word processing and internet software.
• Ability to work independently and as a member of a team.
• Skill in computer graphics and layout.
• Ability to evaluate new and evolving website technologies.
• Skill in the use of computerized page layout and design software.
• Ability to create and analyze reports.
• Knowledge and understanding of internet operations and functionality, and of a wide range of internet programming and design tools.
• Knowledge of the Internet, ftp, telnet and the ability to develop website documents.
• Position requires: a) planning and organizing sophisticated web sites for a specified organizational entity, within pre-determined conceptual parameters and standards; b) web programming using HTML or related internet language; c) quality control of web site, ensuring consistency of image, speed and ease of access and site navigation, and adherence to editorial standards; d) troubleshooting and resolution of site problems and user concerns; e) researching, developing, writing, editing, and layout of new and revised web pages and features.
Working Conditions and Physical Effort
• No or very limited exposure to physical risk.
• No or very limited physical effort required.
• Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work environment.
NBS Enterprises creates competitive advantages. We isolate and overcome constraints to deliver performance value for all involved: you, your customer, and your employees. We break current market staffing trends with price-sensitive strategies solutions.
Our goal is to work in partnership with you, our client, become a trusted advisor and teammate to establish a relationship that provides you and your team with a competitive advantage at both the contract and at the task order levels. NBS' innovative 'Triangle' approach to staffing support provides you, your customer, and your future employee a risk mitigation solution that is second to none.
Tue, 21 Mar 2017 12:22:43 PDT