Associate Professor (Extension Specialist, Adult & Aging Nutrition)
General Description of Position: The Department of Food, Nutrition, Dietetics and Health and Kansas State University Research and Extension (KSRE) seek applications for an Assistant Professor and Extension Specialist, Adult and Aging Nutrition. The position is a tenure-track, full-time, 12 month appointment. The successful candidate will provide statewide leadership for nutrition education programs focusing on normal nutrition, chronic disease prevention and management, and other special needs of adults and seniors. The Extension Specialist will be a leading resource to Extension professionals across the state; a collaborator with internal and external partners; will participate in local, state and national program activities, as appropriate; and will seek additional funding for the purpose of building a strong research and extension program in the programming area. The Extension Specialist will be responsible for program development and evaluation within the program area and for communicating the impact of those programs with stakeholders. The faculty member will be expected to integrate responsibilities with departmental programs and activities, and to integrate responsibilities, where appropriate, to address the grand challenges of KSRE especially in the areas of health and global food systems. Diversity and Inclusion: Kansas State University embraces diversity, and promotes inclusion in every sector of the institution. The university actively seeks candidates whose commitments and contributions will advance the University's commitment to the Principles of Community. Required Minimum Qualifications:
- PhD in nutrition, public health or closely related field.
- Demonstrated competence in building relationships and working effectively with individuals, groups, colleagues and the ability to develop and lead partnerships and collaborations.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to interpret food and nutrition research and communicate to public audiences.
- Ability to work with a diverse workforce and clientele.
- Ability to function as a team member.
- Ability and willingness to travel and a valid driver’s license.
- Experience with Cooperative Extension.
- Experience in educational program development for non-formal settings.
- Experience in evaluating community nutrition education programs.
- Experience obtaining grants.
- Demonstrated use of computer and technology in managing and/or delivering education programs and training
- Cover letter addressing experiences related to the above mentioned responsibilities and qualifications
- Vitae and any other information important to communicate qualifications for the position
- Copies of transcripts for all university degrees
- Names, email addresses, and phone numbers, for three professional references familiar with your work, including college professors if a recent graduate.