General Description of Position: The Department of Food, Nutrition, Dietetics and Health and Kansas State University Research and Extension (KSRE) seek applications for an Assistant Professor and Extension Specialist, Adult and Aging Nutrition
. The position is a tenure-track, full-time, 12 month appointment. The successful candidate will provide statewide leadership for nutrition education programs focusing on normal nutrition, chronic disease prevention and management, and other special needs of adults and seniors. The Extension Specialist will be a leading resource to Extension professionals across the state; a collaborator with internal and external partners; will participate in local, state and national program activities, as appropriate; and will seek additional funding for the purpose of building a strong research and extension program in the programming area. The Extension Specialist will be responsible for program development and evaluation within the program area and for communicating the impact of those programs with stakeholders. The faculty member will be expected to integrate responsibilities with departmental programs and activities, and to integrate responsibilities, where appropriate, to address the grand challenges of KSRE especially in the areas of health and global food systems. Diversity and Inclusion: Kansas State University embraces diversity, and promotes inclusion in every sector of the institution. The university established the Office of Diversity, led by the associate vice provost for diversity and a dedicated staff. Additionally, each college has a designated Diversity Point Person to provide insight and guidance.
Kansas State University received the prestigious Higher Education Excellence in Diversity, or HEED, award from Insight Into Diversity magazine for the past three years. Multicultural students account for 15 percent of our student population, a university record and continuing trend.
Required Minimum Qualifications:
- PhD in nutrition, public health or closely related field.
- Demonstrated competence in building relationships and working effectively with individuals, groups, colleagues and the ability to develop and lead partnerships and collaborations.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to work with a diverse workforce and clientele.
- Ability to function as a team member.
- Ability and willingness to travel and a valid driver's license.
- Experience with Cooperative Extension.
- Experience in educational program development for non-formal settings.
- Experience in evaluating community nutrition education programs.
- Experience obtaining grants.
- Demonstrated use of computer and technology in managing and/or delivering education programs and training
Special Instructions to Applicants: Please submit with application:
- Cover letter addressing experiences related to the above mentioned responsibilities and qualifications
- Vitae and any other information important to communicate qualifications for the position
- Copies of transcripts for all university degrees
- Names, email addresses, and phone numbers, for three professional references familiar with your work, including college professors if a recent graduate.
Screening of Applications Begins: Screening begins June 15, 2017. Equal Employment Opportunity: Kansas State University is an Equal Opportunity Employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans and actively seeks diversity among its employees. Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law
. Background Screening Statement: In connection with your application for employment, Kansas State University may procure a Background Screen on you as part of the process of considering your candidacy as an employee.