Adjunct Faculty, Spanish
The Department of Languages and Literatures offers the following undergraduate programs: majors and minors in French, German, Italian, Russian, and Spanish; minors in Classics, Japanese, and Chinese; beginning levels of study in Hebrew and Arabic. Study of Greek is also available on an individual basis.
The Department of Languages and Literatures seeks qualified individuals to join our adjunct hiring pool for future, non-benefited, part-time teaching assignments in Spanish at the University of Denver. Positions will begin in the 2017-2018 academic year.
Adjunct Spanish Faculty members teach 4-credit undergraduate courses at the introductory level. The specific courses involved may vary from quarter to quarter and openings to teach these courses develop on a periodic basis, depending on department teaching needs. Some of the Adjunct Faculty's responsibilities include grading and returning assignments and assessments in a timely manner, reporting grades, preparing class materials, holding office hours, providing guidance and support to students, and replying to email communication from students and colleagues. Adjunct faculty are compensated at a rate of $4,000 per course.
- Classroom instruction
- Reporting and assignment grading
- Preparing class materials
- Holding office hours for students
- Providing guidance and support to students
- Replying to email communication from students and colleagues
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Proficient fluency in Spanish and English
- Comprehensive knowledge of the concepts, technologies, principles and practices of foreign language instruction
- Master's degree in Spanish, education or linguistics.
- College teaching experience substantiated by letters of recommendations.
- Demonstrated experience or evidence of a commitment to incorporate inclusive excellence teaching methods and/or pedagogies to effectively engage broadly diverse student populations.
Candidates must apply online through www.du.edu/jobs to be considered. Only applications submitted online will be accepted. Once within the job description online, please click New Resume/CV at the bottom of the page to begin application. If you have questions regarding this position please contact Ingrid Weyher, Assistant to the Chair at
Please include the following documents with your application:
- Cover letter
- Two letters of reference
- Unedited teaching video clip of an elementary Spanish class (maximum 15 min.)
Letters of recommendation and video clip can be emailed or mailed to:
University of Denver, Department of Languages and Literatures
ATTN: Ingrid Weyher, Assistant to the Chair
2100 East Asbury, Sturm Hall 391F
Denver, CO 80208-0931
The University of Denver is committed to enhancing the diversity of its faculty and staff and encourages applications from women, minorities, members of the LBGT community, people with disabilities and veterans. The University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
All offers of employment are based upon satisfactory completion of a criminal history background check.