Director Product - Retention (Video, Mobile, TV exp. - JobID: 102,
This position desires a person who is deeply connected to the world of digital video entertainment; a person who understands consumer behavior (data driven) and evolving trends with respect to video consumption on traditional platforms (e.g., linear TV) and emerging platforms and devices. This position will be responsible for creating applications that lead the consumer through a funnel of activity that runs from video selection and viewing, through deeper engagement and into a CRM relationship with the service.
The ideal candidate will have an in-depth understanding of Agile software development methodologies, web and mobile application development, web and application programming languages and project management best practices.
As an ad-supported business, this position will need to ensure that innovative advertising products are developed that not only address the desires of brand marketers, but also enhance the overall consumer experience.
This position's primary responsibility is to oversee a team of Product managers who are grouped into one of three specialties: reach, retention, and revenue.
The Sr Dir of Product Management will be an active contributor and report into the SVP of Product and Engineering.
* Author detailed product requirements documentation for features and experiences tasked with managing.
* Work with technical teams to ensure products operate to the documented specifications
* Work closely with business stakeholders to ensure specifications include all requirements
* Lead internal and external development resources to ensure products are built to the specifications
* Define key performance requirements (e.g. consumption, engagement and monetization), gather and validate information applying judgment and statistical tests.
* Will be business owner for web, mobile web, and platform.
* Must be able to manage a product specific budget, track resource allocation and delivery against budget for each particular task.
* Formulate and utilize various modeling (e.g. video conversion) and optimizing (e.g. a/b testing) methodologies to track all products to better manage business.
* Utilize predictive analytics for key performance indicators (uniques, visits, streams) to assign success metrics to prioritize and develop new features.
* Collect and analyze data from Omniture, Conviva, New Relic and other analytical software available to help prioritize and develop new products and features.
* Collaborate with key stakeholders to solve, clarify and identify key objectives for applications.
* Own long term roadmap for a specific product to ensure all meet business objectives
* Keep abreast of industry trends and technologies, and be prepared to apply them quickly
* Ensure that all new features, enhancements, applications are viable across all territories/implementations while holding true to our clients branding.
* Manage a team of Product Managers that cover three areas: reach, retention, and revenue.
* Track and report on project milestones and provide status reports to sponsor.
* Spec out new platform and device SDK's, documenting features, capabilities and restrictions for broader product development and engineering teams.
* Minimum 5-7 years of experience in the digital media, marketing, advertising or entertainment fields
* 3-5 years of experience in managing subscription, heavy user acquisition or high quality streaming services (live or VOD)
* Minimum 5-7 years CRM experience (direct experience preferred, indirect possible) in product marketing or associated role
* Background in at least one of the following types of products: connected TVs, mobile devices, game consoles
* Demonstrated ability to work on a diverse scope of concurrent projects requiring detailed analysis, creative/practical problem solving, and sound judgment
EdgeSkills is a technology consulting and staffing firm that provides highly qualified IT professionals on a contract, contract to hire, and/or permanent placement basis. We provide opportunities for experienced IT professionals, project managers, software architects and developers to work on technically challenging projects. Our management and office staff works in a collaborative, team oriented work environment. We provide above average compensation and benefits packages for consultants and staff.
Los Angeles, CA
Tue, 21 Mar 2017 06:49:34 PDT