Tax Director - Come join a great local firm!
Interested in a unique Tax opportunity? The breadth and the quality of our client base is unrivaled so you can get your hands on some complicated situations and learn how to deal with them with the support of our team. As you progress, you will be exposed to companies in many different industries. RyanSharkey CPAs + Consultants, a BDO Alliance Firm, is actively looking for a dynamic, growth-minded Tax Director to join our Tax practice. Our firm delivers expertise in assurance, tax and business advisory areas to large public companies, private companies, government and technology clients.
We can ensure that you will not feel like you are doing mundane work or get lost in a large environment. RyanSharkey strives to relieve some of the high pressures by offering team activities which can include renting out local venues, Friday lunches, flextime, employee recognition programs, wellness initiatives and company parties to name just a few.
RyanSharkey has been recognized for our overall company culture and putting our employees first. We continue to make significant investments in growing our firm and in our people! You will also have the opportunity to tailor your career within the firm. RyanSharkey offers good in-house technical training as well as paid off-site training.
Find your future. Make it matter. RyanSharkey, LLP!
- Plan and direct tax engagements for corporate clients, private individuals, and partnerships.
- Identify and provide high level advice on tax issues and tax planning to a diverse client base, addressing international, federal, state, and local issues.
- Provide tax services to private clients, assisting them with personal tax and financial planning needs.
- Review and perform technical tax research, analysis, and written memorandum.
- Assist clients with management of federal and state tax audits and negotiate tax positions.
- Manage and strengthen client relationships to ensure delivery of exceptional client services.
- Lead and oversee training for a team of managers, seniors, and staff, ensuring proper execution of assignments.
- Identify and develop new business opportunities by participating in strategic business development initiatives, actively participating in relevant organizations and networking groups, and leading educational programs.
- Coach, mentor, and develop staff members and play a key role in the department's recruiting efforts.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or related field.
- CPA license required.
- A minimum of 10 years of relevant prior experience demonstrating a progression in complexity, diversity, and volume of tax engagements.
- In-depth experience reviewing complex income tax returns and tax provisions.
- Advanced knowledge of federal, state, and local tax laws; international experience preferred.
- Ability to successfully manage multiple individuals, ensuring exceptional client service and adherence to tax deadlines.
- Ability to effectively manage relationships with all levels of client management.
- Advanced oral and written communication skills, demonstrating strong ability to articulate complex information.
- ProSystem tax software experience preferred.
- Advanced MS Excel experience.
RyanSharkey, LLP, one of the leading accounting and consulting firms in the Washington, D.C. region, provides exciting growth opportunities for our people and delivers the foremost accounting, audit, tax and consulting services for our clients. Our firm's professionals provide personalized insight and forward-thinking solutions that are strategically aligned with our diverse clients specific goals.
At RyanSharkey, we work side-by-side with our clients to ensure that they are in compliance and reporting the right information at the right time for the organization's stakeholders. We are committed to providing the highest level of personalized customer service and intuitive guidance tailored to our clients' unique needs, when they need it. RyanSharkey is a rapidly growing firm with over a 15 year history in the Washington, DC area. We offer technical skills training, exciting career growth opportunities, valuable mentorships, and more to our talented staff.
Our total compensation package is extremely competitive. We invest in our employees and our culture embraces individuals for their unique talents and encourages independent, solution-oriented thinkers. We recognize the value of rolling-up your sleeves, hard work and appreciate our team's deep commitment and empower them as leaders.
Learn more about our firm by visiting www.ryansharkey.com.
RyanSharkey, LLP is an Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer.
Tue, 21 Mar 2017 11:58:16 PDT