Lead Software Engineer - Java
Reporting to the Engineering Manager, the Lead Software Engineer will participate in the Java server-based design of our web sites & services. The best candidate will have a good understanding of web development technologies, possesses a positive attitude, and have a desire to learn new technologies. Working on the web development team with 15+ developers (locally at corporate HQ in Los Angeles and remotely at satellite office in Santa Barbara) to provide support with mid-tier and backend layers.
- Develop and maintain Web applications and RESTful APIs in support of our branded web sites
- Interface closely with product and engineering teams to develop/maintain new and existing web-based applications
- Participate in product development meetings, technical discussions, code reviews, and project scoping
Job or Project Requirements and Experience:
- 12+ years of engineering work related experience
- BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, Electrical Engineering or equivalent is preferred
- Must have strong knowledge of Java and server side technologies
- Should have team lead experience in providing technical direction for small or medium sized teams
- Experience with web application frameworks like Spring, Groovy and Grails is a plus
- Experience in the following: REST, JSON, XML, SOAP
- Experience with PL/SQL and Oracle preferred
- Familiar with the software development life-cycle, including best practices
- Self-starter with the ability to work both independently and as part of a team on multiple projects in fast paced development environment
- Attention to detail and a passion for quality
- Excellent communications skills (oral, written, and presentation) in English
j2 Cloud Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We are located in Santa Barbara and offer:
- Competitive Salary and Bonus
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance and 401k
- Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays
- Paid Parking or Transit Reimbursement
LiveVault,® a brand of j2 Cloud Services Communications, Inc. (NASDAQ:JCOM), is a powerhouse in online data backup and Disaster Recovery. One of the few online backup and DR companies in the world with ISO 27001 certification; LiveVault,® has worked with customers since 2003 to ensure that their scheduled or continuous data backups are executed flawlessly and that data can be restored from any location at any time.
LiveVault,® is committed to providing fully managed and monitored online backup service, while continuing to expand the possibilities of online backup, and educate business owners on the risks of data loss.
About j2 Cloud Services:
Founded in 1995, j2 Cloud Services (NASDAQ:JCOM) is an award winning, leading provider of Internet services through its two divisions: Business Cloud Services and Digital Media.
The Business Cloud Services Division offers Internet fax, virtual phone, hosted email, email marketing, online backup, unified communications and CRM solutions. It markets its services principally under the brand names eFax,®, eVoice, FuseMail,®, Campaigner,®, KeepItSafe,® and Onebox,® and operates a messaging network spanning 49 countries on six continents.
The Digital Media Division, created with j2 Cloud Services. November 2012 acquisition of Ziff Davis, Inc.
Ziff Davis, Inc. is the leading digital media company specializing in the technology, gaming and men's lifestyle categories, reaching over 117 million unique visitors per month. Ziff Davis sites include IGN.com, PCMag.com, AskMen.com, ComputerShopper.com, ExtremeTech.com, Geek.com, LogicBuy.com and Toolbox.com. Ziff Davis also operates NetShelter, the largest community of technology publishers dedicated to consumer electronics, computing and mobile communications. Ziff Davis B2B is a leading provider of online research to enterprise buyers and high-quality leads to IT vendors.
As of December 31, 2015, j2 Cloud Services had achieved 20 consecutive fiscal years of revenue growth.
For more information about j2, please visit www.j2global.com.
At j2 Global,®, we work in a culture of collaboration and welcome those who desire to join our growing global community. We seek enthusiastic individuals with an entrepreneurial spirit looking for an environment that rewards your best work.
j2 Global offers competitive salaries, health benefits, a 401K, and company-sponsored events. If you're seeking a dynamic work environment where you can see the direct impact of your performance, then j2 is the place for you.
Santa Barbara, CA
Tue, 21 Mar 2017 14:28:20 PDT