Under general supervision, applies systems analysis and design techniques to analyze and evaluate business and/or scientific problems. Devises computer programs and related procedures to process data and resolve problems. Gathers information from users, defines work problems, and develops complete specifications to enable programmers to prepare required programs.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Uses established fact-finding procedures, knowledge of pertinent work processes and procedures, and familiarity with related programming practices, system software, and computer equipment to provide required analysis of business and/or scientific problems.
2. Reviews proposals which consist of objectives, scope, and use expectations; gathers facts, analyzes data, and prepares a project synopsis which compares alternatives in terms of cost, time, availability of equipment and personnel, and recommends a course of action; prepares specifications for development of computer programs upon approval of project synopsis.
3. Develops and maintains complex systems or subsystems such as inventory control, payroll, or financial/cost analysis in which transactions are automatically processed through the full system of records.
4. Determines and resolves data processing problems and coordinates the work with programmers, users, etc; orients user personnel on new or changed procedures.
5. Adapts design approaches successfully used in precedent systems; completed work is reviewed for timeliness, compatibility with other work, and effectiveness in meeting requirements.
6. Prepares and gives presentations to user personnel.
7. May train end users on established programs.
8. Provides on-call support and problem resolution for computer applications.
9. May provide functional supervision for specific project assignments.
10. Maintains currency of knowledge with respect to relevant state-of-the-art technology, equipment, and/or systems.
11. Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
Minimum Job Requirements
• Bachelor's degree; at least 2 years of experience that is directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.OR Successful completion of at least 60 college-level credit hours; at least 4 years of experience that is directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.OR High school diploma or GED; at least 6 years of experience that is directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
• Ability to develop and deliver presentations.
• Ability to develop and/or modify and adapt systems, hardware configurations, and programs to meet individually specified needs.
• Knowledge of current technological developments/trends in area of expertise.
• Ability to determine computer problems and to coordinate hardware and/or software solutions.
• Ability to analyze and interpret information systems proposals, and to evaluate and develop alternative implementation plans.
• Ability to implement and troubleshoot programming changes and modifications.
• Ability to understand and follow specific instructions and procedures.
• Knowledge of a broad range of relevant multi-user computer systems, applications, and/or equipment.
• Ability to analyze and assess project costs and resource capacity.
• Knowledge of computer flow charts and of programming logic and codes.
• Ability to communicate technical information to non-technical personnel.
• Ability to plan, design, coordinate installation, test, and modify complex systems and subsystems.
• Knowledge of established programming procedures and programming languages.
• Ability to specify and develop computer programs using a range of programming languages.
• Position requires: a) analyzing business and/or scientific needs of a complex nature; b) developing and maintaining complex systems and system components; c) designing system components; d) coordinating and developing system test plans across applications; e) participating in the development of proposals consisting of objectives, scope, and expectations; f) writing specifications for system components; g) building and maintaining project plans; h) preparing and giving presentations to user personnel; and i) providing functional/technical supervision for small-to-medium sized projects.
Conditions of Employment
• Specialty licensure/certification may be required, as specified by the department.
Working Conditions and Physical Effort
• No or very limited exposure to physical risk.
• No or very limited physical effort required.
• Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work environment.
NBS Enterprises creates competitive advantages. We isolate and overcome constraints to deliver performance value for all involved: you, your customer, and your employees. We break current market staffing trends with price-sensitive strategies solutions.
Our goal is to work in partnership with you, our client, become a trusted advisor and teammate to establish a relationship that provides you and your team with a competitive advantage at both the contract and at the task order levels. NBS' innovative 'Triangle' approach to staffing support provides you, your customer, and your future employee a risk mitigation solution that is second to none.
Tue, 21 Mar 2017 11:43:53 PDT