Have the opportunity to make a difference in nursing education by exploring a Campus President opportunity with Chamberlain College of Nursing. You will serve as the chief administrator for our 3 year BSN program in New Orleans! Bring forward your passion, commitment and wisdom to our nursing students, colleagues and faculty. You will have the opportunity to own the responsibility to achieve quality outcomes, growth plan, and profitability goals.
Our customized unique Chamberlain Care-Student Success model helps us achieve our mission to provide the best student experience possible. HHave the opportunity to make a difference in nursing education by exploring a Campus President opportunity with Chamberlain College of Nursing.
- Implement Chamberlain's program, philosophy, curriculum, program outcomes and course objectives to students through classroom, clinical teaching and service to the college and the community.
- Oversee the hiring, development and evaluation of qualified faculty and staff.
- Chair the admission, academic progression and graduation of students.
- Collaborate with the national directors in executing national processes and policies that apply to the campus.
- Ensure effective execution of Service Level Agreements with DVG partners at co-shared locations.
- Maintain and assures compliance with all regulatory and accreditation requirements.
- Cultivate a student-centric campus culture distinguished by the TEACH values.
- Inspire & facilitate faculty and staff development including enhancing educational competencies.
- Recommend faculty for appointment, promotion, retention and termination.
- Partner regularly with the Senior Director of Campus Operations and the national directors regarding campus priorities and active or potential problems.
- Communicate effectively with faculty, staff and students. Cultivates a college culture of mutual respect, and academic and professional growth.
- Be an Advocate for the College within the DeVry Education Group network, to the Board of Nursing, state and local professional groups and/or organizations, professional accrediting organizations and the community at large. Provides services to strategic community groups. Maintains an active and visible role in nursing and higher education organization.
- Ensure the appropriate selection and maintenance of quality clinical sites.
- Advise the appropriate faculty/student ratio for laboratory experiences to ensure safe delivery of nursing care by students and faculty.
- Oversee contractual agreements between the campus and all parties, with whom the campus engages in business relationships, including clinical facilities.
- Develop campus strategic plan focused on priorities that drive quality and growth goals.
- Recommend and administer the campus' annual program budget that supports the priorities outlined in the strategic plan and is consistent with the organization's policies.
- Monitor execution of the budget; ensures effective cost controls.
- Positively maintain professional competence through such activities as nursing practice, continuing education programs, conferences, workshops, seminars, academic courses, research projects or professional writing.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Below are the minimum requirements of the education, experience, knowledge, and skills required to competently perform in this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Doctorate required
- Current unencumbered licensure as a registered nurse or a multi-state licensure privilege to practice nursing in the Commonwealth/State.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience required in the practice of nursing as a registered nurse, two of which have been as a faculty member in a professional nursing education program and/or higher education administration.
- Experience in educational administration preferred. Experience with Web-based educational programs desirable.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Evident leadership, management and organizational skills.
- High level oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Requires high level of initiative, sound judgment, and problem-solving skills.
We are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing. Thank you for applying for this outstanding opportunity today.