Merchants Capital Access:
Merchants Capital Access is one of the leading alternative business finance providers in the nation. We serve small-to-medium-sized businesses across the country and are committed to helping small businesses grow and thrive. We have funded nearly $500MM to Small Business nationwide. When merchants work with us, they gain much more than a simple financial transaction. They build a relationship with a company devoted to their success-a network of business professionals who genuinely want to improve the future for small business in America.
We are looking for successful, energetic and goal oriented Underwriter to join our growing team. In this position you will be responsible for full cycle underwriting of proposed cash advance amounts and terms to small businesses. The individual will work closely with sales reps to assess and structure an advance amount that is attractive to the borrower yet mitigates risk for the company.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Work with the sales division in structuring, analyzing, and negotiating credit transactions
- Responsible for full cycle underwriting of assigned small business cash advances
- Determine ability of borrower to repay an advance based on analysis of the borrower's cash flow statements, tax returns, and other financial information
- Perform detailed financial analysis on the small business, including trend and ratio analysis, and interpret the financial information to determine credit quality and cash flow adequacy
- Perform credit and financial statement analysis on co-borrowers, guarantors, and individuals to determine assets coverage for requested advance amounts
- Perform other due diligence as needed to determine the credit worthiness of a borrower
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and Experience
- 2+ years professional experience in a loan/credit underwriting role required
- Cash Advance experience preferred
- A Bachelor's Degree (or equivalent) required
- Salesforce experience a plus
- Ability to multitask a must
Required Skills and Abilities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Detail Oriented Self-Motivated Individual
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize in a fast paced environment.
- Skilled at working with urgency and deadlines, handling confidential and time sensitive material to ensure turnaround times meet requirements.
- Ability to identify inconsistencies and problem solve with minimal direction
- Excellent customer service skills with the ability to foster positive relationships with customers and co-workers
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Sitting and standing for long periods of time
- Typing, data entry and reading on a computer
- Communicating face to face and on telephone
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Works in an office environment
- Medical, Vision and Dental Benefits
- Group Life and AD&D (Employer paid)
- 401K vested immediately (up to 4% match)
- Group Team Building events
- PTO and paid holidays
- Fun work environment
- Free gym membership
MCA is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and takes great pride in building a diverse work environment. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status.
Merchants Capital Access is one of the leading alternative business finance providers in the nation, having funded over $750 Million to SMB. We seek to build long term funding relationships with our clients, the vast majority of whom return to Merchants Capital Access for repeat funding. Our culture is one of service and respect to our clients and open-minded communication with our employees.
Tue, 21 Mar 2017 13:49:18 PDT