Data Entry Operator 3
~~Data Entry Operator 3
Coordinates and performs the preparation, data entry, verification, and editing of complex, typically confidential data. Interacts with other departments to resolve problems and inquiries, and to establish and maintain efficient data and information flow. Operates as a primary source of information on specialized data files and records for both internal and external clientele. Resolves problems and inconsistencies with data, performs limited data analysis, and prepares and generates various reports.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Checks, verifies, and edits data coding to ensure compatibility with data entry system and procedural requirements; interacts with department representatives to resolve routine data coding problems.
2. Receives and routes associated source paperwork to and from departments; works with department representatives as necessary to facilitate and expedite the efficient flow of documentation, and to resolve routine administrative problems.
3. Inputs and retrieves alphabetical and numerical information in prescribed format, utilizing knowledge of various computer software packages.
4. Creates, maintains, and purges specified data files and logs as required; makes individual and/or mass corrections, modifications, and/or updates to data in files, as appropriate.
5. Extracts and releases information according to specified criteria and in strict compliance with established policies, procedures and/or regulations; answers questions from client departments and others on specific data as requested, and prepares reports, as specified.
6. Ensures strict confidentiality of client records.
7. May lead, guide, and allocate work to one or more student employees on a task-by-task basis.
8. Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
Minimum Job Requirements
• High school diploma or GED; at least 3 years of experience that is directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
• Ability to lead assigned staff including prioritizing and scheduling work assignments.
• Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
• Knowledge of computer data entry systems, protocols and procedures.
• Skill in the use of personal computers and related software applications.
• Ability to understand and follow specific instructions and procedures.
• Ability to resolve data input, storage and/or retrieval problems and to design solutions and modifications.
• Knowledge of relevant policies, procedures, and regulations pertaining to the release of confidential information.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality of records and information.
• Word processing and/or data entry skills.
• Ability to make administrative and procedural decisions and judgments on sensitive, confidential issues.
• Knowledge of efficient document flow procedures.
• Ability to utilize and manage automated payroll and/or human resources information systems.
• Position requires: a) manipulation of data to distinguish patterns and common themes of data, and produce whole reports; b) auditing reports for errors and problems with data; c) leading other Data Entry Operators including training, scheduling and allocating order of work; d) operating as primary source of information for customers; e) resolving problems and inconsistencies with data; f) communicating and interacting with customers; and g) recommending process improvements.
Conditions of Employment
• This position is represented by a labor union and is subject to the terms and conditions of the CWA Collective Bargaining Agreement.
Working Conditions and Physical Effort
• No or very limited exposure to physical risk.
• No or very limited physical effort required.
• Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work environment.
NBS Enterprises creates competitive advantages. We isolate and overcome constraints to deliver performance value for all involved: you, your customer, and your employees. We break current market staffing trends with price-sensitive strategies solutions.
Our goal is to work in partnership with you, our client, become a trusted advisor and teammate to establish a relationship that provides you and your team with a competitive advantage at both the contract and at the task order levels. NBS' innovative 'Triangle' approach to staffing support provides you, your customer, and your future employee a risk mitigation solution that is second to none.
Tue, 21 Mar 2017 11:47:16 PDT