Near immediate opportunity for Florida-licensed PE with at least 5 years of specific experience designing/engineering wood-frame buildings. Position is Engineer-as-Officer, which includes signing and sealing of construction documents both prepared directly by the engineer as well as work of other staff members under the responsible charge of the engineer. Firm is small, family-owned company that works in support of the local homebuilding industry.
Minimum Requirements to be considered for the position include:
- Current/Active Florida Professional Engineer Licensure with no history of disciplinary action, nor any actions pending.
- Florida Building Code Core Course current.
- No ongoing affiliation as Engineer-as-Officer with any other entity.
- Ability to obtain PE license(s) in nearby state(s) without additional requirements.
- Ability to access and maneuver on construction job sites, including but not limited to traverse difficult terrain, climb ladders, walk atop pitched roofs with appropriate safety devices and maneuver through confined and unfinished spaces such as attics, crawlspaces and floor cavities.
- MINIMUM FIVE YEARS PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE PERFORMING WHOLE-HOUSE/HURRICANE-RESISTANT STRUCTURAL ENGINEERING WITH/FOR WOOD FRAME STRUCTURES.
- Extensive knowledge of Florida- and International Building Codes, ASCE 7, NDS, WFCM, ACI and other referenced design standards.
- General knowledge of and ability to design/engineer light masonry construction.
- General knowledge of and ability to design/engineer concrete construction up to three stories.
- General knowledge of and ability to design/engineer foundations including shallow/spread foundations and deep foundations.
- General knowledge of and ability to consult on and design with metal-plate-connected wood trusses.
- General knowledge of and ability to design with Engineered Wood Products.
- Ability to read, write and speak English fluently.
- Proficiency in/with AutoCAD, Microsoft Excel, Forte and EnerCalc software.
- Applicant must be able to demonstrate he or she is legally authorized to work in the United States at the appropriate juncture in the hiring process.
- Limited non-compete agreement required.
Please provide a complete resume that demonstrates meeting the Minimum Requirements for the position (as outlined above), along with salary requirement and any additional requirements (specific benefits, relocation arrangements, etc.) that might be needed to facilitate employment.
Among other duties and responsibilities, this position includes: registering with the State of Florida as the engineer in responsible charge for the business entity; overseeing daily engineering operations; preparing analyses and associated construction documents to satisfy clients' requests while ensuring compliance with applicable Codes, Laws, Rules, Regulations and Design Standards; providing commentary, guidance and recommendations for employer's client base; signing and sealing construction documents prepared personally as well as by staff members under the responsible charge of the engineer; and, various other functions typical to daily operations in a service-based engineering office.
EOE and Drug-Free Workplace
Tue, 21 Mar 2017 13:20:52 PDT