Grounds Maintenance Worker I (F/T), CF3N30962FOM
Under immediate supervision, performs work of routine difficulty in the landscaping and maintenance of campus grounds.
Position Title: Grounds Maintenance Worker I (F/T), CF3N30962FOM
Duties of Position:
- May participate in the planting, watering, fertilization and treatment of plants, trees, shrubbery and flowers throughout the College campus grounds.
- Mow grass, thin, trim, and removes trees.
- Mix and apply chemical herbicides and pesticides.
- Participate in winter snow removal operations.
- Perform minor maintenance on mowers, sprinklers, spray equipment, etc.
- Maintain hand and power tools.
- May perform minor cement or asphalt patching on sidewalk and parking lots.
- May erect regulatory and information signing.
- May maintain planting and treatment records.
- Irrigation maintenance and repairs.
- Periodically support the work of building maintenance staff.
- Daily outdoor trash pickup and removal.
- Maintain mowers and tractors.
- Daily completion of work hour time reports.
- May supervise temporary worker and/or student workers.
- Required to report to work during emergency conditions and may be assigned to report at a different time and location and to perform different duties as necessary.
- Annually responsible for 4 documented hours of continuous learning through seminars, classroom training or conferences.
- Perform work safely in accordance with department safety procedures and the College of DuPage safety program. Operate equipment safely and report any unsafe work condition or practice to supervisor.
- Repair damage to turf areas on campus.
- Other related duties as assigned.
Experience and Education:
Experience with landscaping, construction machinery, irrigation, arborist equipment or related field. Valid Illinois Driver's License.
High school diploma. Some knowledge of turf, horticulture and mower repair.
Two (2) years experience in horticulture, sports turf, irrigation or a related field.
Equipment & Working Conditions:
Knowledge of grounds equipment including: mowers, sprayers, power mechanical tools, and all types of vehicles, and the upkeep and repair of all equipment and tools.
This position requires post offer, reasonable suspicion, random, and post-accident alcohol and controlled substance tests at the College’s expense for this position. Required to be scheduled on call from October to April to aid in snow emergencies. Must be able to lift 50+ pounds. Must be able to bend, reach, work on hands and knees of necessary. Uniform appearance must be clean and in good wear. No holes, tears or cutoffs will be allowed. Must wear solid soled shoes. No sneakers without written documentation from Physician or Building and Grounds Manager. Usually good conditions, but could be exposed to harsh weather and long hours in emergency situations. Position requires extensive walking and the ability to climb stairs and ladders. Required uniforms supplied by the College of DuPage. Must pass physical exam at College expense.
This position requires a background check and drug screen.
Department: Facilities Operations - FOM
Position Type: Full time - FT
Pay Type: Hourly Non-Exempt