Assistant Professor Biology
The University of Charleston seeks candidates for a 9-month full-time position in biology. The University of Charleston, located in the capital city of Charleston, West Virginia, is known for its outcomes-based curriculum. The Department of Natural Sciences offers Bachelor of Science degrees in Biology and Chemistry.
The successful candidate must be doctorally prepared in the biological sciences or related professional field. Candidates who are ABD with a commitment to complete the doctoral degree will be considered. The successful candidate will have a broad background in biology that includes proficiency in research methods and statistics. The successful applicant will be committed to serving a pre-professional student population (pre-pharmacy, pre-physician assistant, pre-medicine).
Responsibilities of the position:
- Teach general biology and zoology with associated labs as needed
- Teach upper-level biology courses as appropriate
- Guide senior research projects
- Academic advising
- Participate in faculty governance
- Help in the recruiting of students
- Participate in assessment of program outcomes
- Maintain a robust scholarly agenda