Software Tester/QA Engineer
Primary Responsibility: Performing tests on computer applications and systems in order to isolate and solve issues as part of the software development life cycle.
- Documenting and managing test plans based on business requirements documentation, software specifications and design.
- Consulting with end users and the developers for the repair or build of software systems to complete tasks end to end: from the analysis and design, development and testing, and delivering to the customer.
- Supporting multiple existing software system test cases, assisting end users during user acceptance testing activities.
- Validating data by running queries.
- Working with clients to identify test scenarios and discuss requirements.
- Developing test cases for various system enhancements and releases in different applications.
- Coordinating with development team in setting up test environments and deployment of the code releases in the test environment.
- Minimum 3-5 years work experience as a QA tester
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience in team management preferred
- Must be a US Citizen or legally able to work in the U.S.without sponsorship
- Ability to navigate new software with little or no training
- A proven acumen in the areas of setting up Test Data, Test planning, Test scenario definition, and Test methodologies
- Experience in setting up and maintaining Test case environments through a database structure
- Knowledge of SQL for data verification and validation would be a plus
- Familiarity of the software development lifecycle and all included methodologies
- Ability to work closely with support and development teams
- Excellent communication skills and experience with customer support
- Knowledge of Test automation would be a plus
- Troubleshooting/Problem solving skills with web applications
Previous experience in Software/QA Testing can substitute Associate's or Bachelor's Degree
- No travel required.
*Relocation required for out of state/town candidates
Emprise Technologies develops data handling and software solutions that make your company work. By combining your business sensibilities with our technology, we produce products that allow your company to work more efficiently and effectively. We provide unparalleled solution development and uncompromising support.
Emprise works with a client base of 300+, resulting in an average of more than 75,000 hours of development and consulting work every year. We are business focused problem solvers leveraging creative solutions across multiple industries.
Emprise provides a rich benefits package that includes paid holiday, vacation and sick leave, a matched 401(k), and excellent health insurance.
Tue, 21 Mar 2017 12:06:26 PDT