Assistant Men's Basketball Coach
Functional Title Assistant Men's Basketball Coach
Position Type Coaches
The University of North Carolina at Greensboro (UNCG) has seventeen teams compete as members of NCAA Division I and the Southern Conference. Approximately 250 students are involved as athletes, managers, trainers, statisticians, cheerleaders, etc.
The Assistant Men's Basketball Coach is one of the positions responsible for administering all of the year-round activities of the basketball program. The Assistant Coach is directly responsible to the Head Coach in all matters related to the operation of this program.
ASSISTANT MEN'S BASKETBALL COACH DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Handling game and practice coaching assignments throughout the year, as well as, supervising out-of-season conditioning programs for the team;
- Assist in all recruiting efforts of prospective student-athletes;
- Assist in developing recruiting strategy, in conjunction with the Head Coach and other assistant coaches, for the men's basketball program;
- Development and coordination of a recruiting network that is an ongoing activity requiring travel throughout the United States during the entire year;
- Using discretion and personal judgment in the assessment of talent and recommendation for scholarship assistance;
- Communicating with the department's Spartan Academic Support Services (SASS) personnel;
- Assisting in student-athletes' academic action plans;
- Actively involved in relationships with other University offices; including Admissions, Academic Advising and Financial Aid;
- Performing other administrative duties; including providing assistance with scheduling of contests, summer camps, as well as, speaking engagements.
Once the student-athlete has matriculated, the Assistant Coach is primary in the weekly monitoring of the student-athletes' academic progress.
Position requires someone with initiative and an energy level that will enable the individual to work long hours, including evening and weekend assignments.
- Bachelor's degree
- Knowledge of NCAA rules and regulations is a prerequisite for this position
- Master's degree
- Intercollegiate participation and/or previous coaching experience in men's basketball
- Certified in CPR/First Aid
- Knowledgeable of NCAA rules as they apply to Division I athletics
Tenure Status N/A
Special Instructions to Applicants
Applicants are asked to provide the names, email addresses, and phone numbers of at least three (3) References, in the References section of the electronic application. These References will be solicited by the UNCGjobsearch system via email, and asked to provide a confidential Letter of Reference/Recommendation on behalf of the applicant. This will occur as soon as the applicant successfully submits the application and receives a confirmation number from the UNCGjobsearch system.
Recruitment Range Commensurate Upon Experience
Org #-Department Intercollegiate Athletics - 85001
Job Open Date 03/21/2017
For Best Consideration Date 04/11/2017
Job Close Date
Open Until Filled Yes
Type of Appointment 1.0 (Full-Time)
Time Limited? No
Number of Months per Year 12
- Cover Letter
- List of References
- Reference Letter 1
- Reference Letter 2
- Reference Letter 3
- Unofficial Transcript(s)
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you have a bachelor's degree?
- * Do you have a master's degree?
- * Do you have prior intercollegiate participation and/or coaching experience in the sport of basketball?
- * Are you knowledgeable of NCAA rules and regulations as they apply to Division I college athletics?
- * Are you currently CPR/First Aid certified?
- * Please indicate how you learned of the vacant position for which you are applying:
- UNCGjobsearch website
- Piedmont Triad Area Newspaper
- The Chronicle of Higher Education
- Inside Higher Ed
- Other professional journal / website
- UNC school system job board
- Personal Networking
To learn more or to apply for this position please visit our UNCGjobsearch website at https://jobsearch.uncg.edu