User Support Analyst 2
~~User Support Analyst 2
Under general supervision, provides user support, general problem analysis and resolution, technical assistance, and training for information systems. May lead or guide the work of others.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Performs general problem solving and assistance on diverse software applications and hardware systems for department users.
2. Provides individual and/or group instruction and training to staff, students, and/or faculty on computer hardware and software.
3. Writes and maintains user instructions.
4. Performs routine hardware and software maintenance and assists in proper upkeep and utilization of systems.
5. May review, evaluate, and make recommendations on proposals for hardware or software acquisitions.
6. Provides technical assistance and maintenance support to departmental end users.
7. Maintains applicable records including user lists, user accounts and security, and equipment inventory.
8. May supervise or provide functional direction to lower graded staff and/or student employees performing the same or similar type of work.
9. Maintains knowledge of current technological developments/trends in area of expertise.
10. Serves as team leader on technology projects with moderate scope and impact, providing some direction and integration of staff work.
11. Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
Minimum Job Requirements
• High school diploma or GED; at least 1 year of experience that is directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
• Ability to develop and deliver presentations.
• Knowledge of current technological developments/trends in area of expertise.
• Ability to determine computer problems and to coordinate hardware and/or software solutions.
• Ability to provide operational guidance and leadership to technical staff in area of specialty.
• Records maintenance skills.
• Ability to communicate technical guidance and instruction to users on the use of PC and/or mainframe applications and systems.
• Ability to perform preventive maintenance on computer hardware and software.
• Knowledge of available computing and/or network hardware and peripheral equipment.
• Ability to analyze and resolve computer problems and to coordinate hardware and/or software solutions.
• Position requires: a) documentation and tracking of user information; b) in-depth analysis and resolution of moderately complex computer problems; c) writing and maintaining user instructions; and d) interaction, training, and communication with end users.
Conditions of Employment
• Specialty licensure/certification may be required, as specified by the department.
Working Conditions and Physical Effort
• Moderate physical activity. Requires handling of average-weight objects up to 25 pounds or standing and/or walking for more than four (4) hours per day.
• No or very limited exposure to physical risk.
• Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work environment.
NBS Enterprises creates competitive advantages. We isolate and overcome constraints to deliver performance value for all involved: you, your customer, and your employees. We break current market staffing trends with price-sensitive strategies solutions.
Our goal is to work in partnership with you, our client, become a trusted advisor and teammate to establish a relationship that provides you and your team with a competitive advantage at both the contract and at the task order levels. NBS' innovative 'Triangle' approach to staffing support provides you, your customer, and your future employee a risk mitigation solution that is second to none.
Tue, 21 Mar 2017 12:20:43 PDT