Coordinator of Serials & Electronic Resources
Position Title: Coordinator of Serials & Electronic Resources
Department: Randall Library - 30800
Vacancy Number: E151
Position Number: 6568
Location of Workplace: Main UNCW Campus
Summary of Position:
The Coordinator Library Serials and Electronic Resources is responsible for managing access to the library’s serial subscription resources (electronic and print) for journals, magazines, newspapers, standing orders, databases, and e-journal packages, as well as resources available through NCLIVE. This management ensures a seamless and transparent research environment for students, faculty, staff, and other library users. Working collaboratively across the library, this position identifies and implements improvements in online content, systems, and services. The Coordinator Library Serials and Electronic Resources serves as a member of the Technical and Collection Management Services Division and reports to the Associate Director Library Technical and Collection Management Services.
• ALA-accredited Master of Library/Information Science degree.
• At least three years of post-MLS experience in an academic library, large public library, or research institution with a demonstrated background in electronic resource management.
• Experience with an integrated library system, preferably III’s Sierra.
• Experience working with vendors, publishers, and subscription agents, including negotiation of business and license agreements.
• Comprehensive knowledge of serials industry, including pricing models.
• Demonstrated understanding of budgetary tracking principles.
• Experience resolving technical issues that may affect user access to electronic resources.
• Ability to document electronic resources and serials policies and procedures.
• Strong project management, problem solving, and electronic resource workflow management skills.
• Ability and desire to work in a collaborative environment across library teams.
• Fluency with Microsoft Office products and a strong proficiency with Excel spreadsheet application.
• Demonstrated analytical and organizational skills with an attention to detail.
• Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills.
• Demonstrated ability to exercise judgment and work independently.
• Experience with discovery services and link resolvers such as Summon and 360 Link.
• Experience supervising staff.
Primary Function of Organizational Unit:
The Technical and Collection Management Services unit of Randall Library acquires informational resources in all formats relevant to the current and anticipated learning, instructional, and research needs of the UNCW community. The unit also maintains the library’s online catalog, which provides records of materials available in the library and links to electronic resources.
The University of North Carolina Wilmington, the state’s coastal university, is dedicated to learning through the integration of teaching and mentoring with research and service. A public institution with over 15,000 students, the university is known for its superb faculty and staff and powerful academic experience. With an array of high-quality programs at the baccalaureate and master’s levels, and doctoral programs in marine biology, educational leadership, psychology and nursing practice. UNCW is consistently recognized at a national level for academic excellence and affordability by publications like U.S. News & World Report, Kiplinger’s Personal Finance and The Business Journals. UNCW also recently earned the 2015 Community Engagement Classification from the Carnegie Foundation for the Advancement of Teaching, bestowed to higher education institutions dedicated to community involvement.
UNC Wilmington actively fosters a diverse and inclusive working and learning environment and is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified men and women from all racial, ethnic or other minority groups, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.
Months Per Year: 11 Months (July-May)
Position Type: Permanent
Job Posting Date: 03/21/2017
Priority Consideration Date: 04/24/2017
Priority Consideration Information:
Priority consideration will be given to applications received by the Priority Date; however, applications will be accepted until the position is filled.