2017-2018 Fall/Spring Lab Assistants Math & Science
Work in laboratory to assist laboratory manager setting up labs for classes, keeping up safety issues, inventory, and laboratory upkeep.
Perform specialized functions and have responsibility for safety oversight of students and University Property; i.e. Science labs.
- To assist with the preparation for laboratories
- Work up to 24 hours per week in the laboratories.
- Work with ongoing safety issues in the laboratory: Material Safety Data Sheets files, updating inventory of chemicals and other biological.
- Maintain the organization of biological specimens and the slide collection.
- Clean glassware, equipment used in various laboratories.
- Prepare reagents, solutions, etc., for use in laboratories.
- Set up equipment, materials for laboratories before the laboratory and take down the equipment, materials, etc., after the laboratory.
- High School Diploma
- 1 year of Chemistry (Gen. Chem I, II)
- Computer skills, excellent communication and organizational skills.
- General Zoology, Cell Biology or Botany
- Experience with various laboratory equipment.
- Knowledge of plant and animal phyla.
Job ID 2017-1315
Job Locations US - FL - Saint Leo