Director - Enrollment Management Services
Reporting to the Vice President for Enrollment Management, the Director of Enrollment Services has overall responsibility in providing administrative leadership and direction of the college's one-stop student services which represents the Offices of the Registrar, Financial Aid, Testing and Admissions.
In addition to general duties, specific responsibilities include:
- Serve as director of the one-stop service center and call center. Also, oversee student email and chat services.
- Develop, continually monitor and improve student services in student service areas.
- Develop training schedules to ensure staff members are aware of updated procedures, practices and new technology functionality.
- Oversees the maintenance of the college's knowledge base as it pertains to Enrollment Management.
- Collaborate with appropriate administrative offices to ensure students are receiving the best possible service.
- Continually remain aware of new procedures, practices and other relevant information in technology, work flow and customer service.
- Evaluate and enhance student online services.
- Assess the functionality of one-stop student service center and continually improve services such as minimizing wait times and student visits in an effort to improve student satisfaction.
- Follow and adopt new trends.
- Prepare reports on wait times, student visit numbers and other relevant data to demonstrate the continually improving effectiveness of the student service center.
- Serve on appropriate college committees.
- Perform other appropriate duties and special assignments as directed by the Vice President of Enrollment Management.
Bachelor's Degree and eight years' related experience required.
- Master's degree and six years of relevant experience on a college campus preferred.
- Experience working in a student service center with strong working knowledge of Financial Aid and Registrar functions.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as a colleague, think creatively, take initiative and use sound judgement under pressure.
- Strong technological, management, operational, and planning experience and a proven track record of accomplishments.
- Ability to work effectively in a coordinating role across multiple constituencies.
- Strong, open and collaborative leadership style.
- Customer-service orientation with a focus on excellence.
- Outstanding communication skills; strong computer skills are essential.
CUNY TITLE OVERVIEW
Directs a College Enrollment Management function.
- Designs, implements and executes an enrollment management plan through research and analysis of enrollment issues, trends, and models; provides leadership in advancing the College's enrollment goals
- Develops strategic plans, establishes methods to implement initiatives, measures outcomes and monitors progress to achieve enrollment targets
- Partners with appropriate College units to apply coordinated enrollment and retention plans which provide services to students and applicants in an efficient and effective manner
- Administers data analyses and reports development related to critical enrollment issues; presents results to facilitate executive decision making
- Oversees department budget and advises on allocation of College funds regarding enrollment efforts across other units
- Manages professional and clerical staff
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Job Title Name: Enrollment Director
Higher Education Officer
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Salary commensurate with education and experience.
CUNY's benefits contribute significantly to total compensation, supporting health and wellness, financial well-being, and professional development. We offer a range of health plans, competitive retirement/pension benefits and savings plans, tuition waivers for CUNY graduate study and generous paid time off. Our staff also benefits from the extensive academic, arts, and athletic programs on our campuses and the opportunity to participate in a lively, diverse academic community in one of the greatest cities in the world.
HOW TO APPLY
Access CUNYfirst Portal
search re-open; review of resumes begins 4/26/2017
JOB SEARCH CATEGORY
CUNY Job Posting: Managerial/Professional
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
CUNY encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. At CUNY, Italian Americans are also included among our protected groups. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.
Location: Borough of Manhattan CC
Job Title: Director - Enrollment Management Services
Job ID: 15856
Full/Part Time: Full-Time