Medical Education Coordinator
Working Title: Medical Education Coordinator
Position Type: University Operational and Administrative Staff
Department: School of Medicine, Medical Education
Posting Date: 03-21-2017
The School of Medicine has an opportunity for a highly motivated administrative professional to join our medical education team as a Medical Education Coordinator. This position requires a high level of organization, prioritizing, and multi-tasking. The primary responsibilities of this position are to provide administrative, operational, logistical, and fiscal support for undergraduate medical education programs in a fast-paced environment.
This unique position has the opportunity to positively impact a broad range of programs and services offered by the School of Medicine. The Coordinator will support multiple projects and programs. The Coordinator must be open to receiving feedback from multiple sources and able to adjust to different needs and management styles based on the program or project they are supporting at that time.
The Coordinator will interact with administrators, faculty, students, staff and others to provide administrative support and keep the appropriate parties informed of the status of assignments as appropriate. To be successful in this role, the Coordinator must be able to balance multiple tasks, make sound decisions when there are competing priorities, and communicate effectively with multiple parties.
The qualified candidate will have a high school diploma or equivalent and 4 years of relevant administrative experience. A Bachelor's degree is preferred and may substitute for some experience.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
1. Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills.
2. Excellent organizational skills.
3. Ability to manage multiple tasks with minimal direction.
4. Ability to work in fast-paced and deadline oriented environment with attention to detail and accuracy.
5. Ability to maintain confidentiality.
6. Excellent telephone etiquette skills.
7. Basic knowledge of data entry and databases.
8. Collaborative team building skills.
9. Excellent customer service skills.
10. Ability to lift up to 40lbs.
E-mail a Friend: jobs.virginia.edu/applicants/Central?quickFind=81407