Instructor, Emergency Medical Services
The Chabot-Las Positas Community College District is seeking an Instructor, Emergency Medical Services, who will serve as program/course director and primary instructor for the Paramedic Program for Las Positas College in Livermore, California.
This is a grant/categorically funded position. Continuation of this position is contingent upon available funding on a year to year basis.
Job Title Instructor, Emergency Medical Services
Position Type Faculty
Position Code 3FSM32
Pay Rate (or Annual Salary) $57,665 - $88,687/annual
Job Location Las Positas College, 3000 Campus Hill Dr., Livermore, CA 94551
Department Math, Science, Engineering & Public Safety
1. Ability to teach Emergency Medical Services courses including lecture/didactic, laboratory, and clinical and field phases;
2. Ability to teach pre-hospital care courses including First Responder, Emergency Medical Technician, and Emergency Medical Technician – Paramedics enthusiastically to a variety of students;
3. Ability to design and implement innovative teaching methodologies in the above mentioned fields and phases of curriculum;
4. Demonstrated knowledge of current national curriculum, national accreditation, national registration, and the requirements for state certification and licensure; and ability to develop/maintain curriculum in line with industry mandates;
5. Demonstrated knowledge of methods of instruction, testing, and evaluation of students;
6. Ability to coordinate clinical and field internships with clinical sites, ambulance providers, preceptors, and students;
7. Commitment to working with administrators, faculty and staff to increase support and success for students;
8. Ability to contribute to the total operation of the instructional program including Department, Division, and College responsibilities;
9. Ability to communicate effectively in both oral and written form;
10. Ability to adapt instructional techniques to accommodate varied learning styles and a variety of teaching modalities, including distance learning;
11. Participate in campus professional activities, which include, but are not limited to: committee membership, curriculum development, staff meetings, and community outreach;
12. Ability to teach, morning, afternoon, evening, weekend, distance learning, and/or off-campus classes, when scheduled as part of the regular teaching assignment;
13. Ability to seek and support personal creativity and professional growth and demonstrate career objectives consistent with the mission of Las Positas College;
14. Evidence of a sensitivity to and an understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students, including those with physical or learning disabilities.
Minimum Education and Experience
1. A paramedic who has any bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution of higher education and shall have a minimum of one (1) year experience in an administrative or management level position and have a minimum of three (3) years academic or clinical experience in prehospital care education within the last five (5) years.
2. Have appropriate medical or allied health education, training, and experience.
3. Be knowledgeable about methods of instruction, testing and evaluation of students.
4. Have field experience in the delivery of out-of-hospital emergency care.
5. Have academic training and preparation related to emergency medical services at least equivalent to that of a paramedic
6. Be knowledgeable about the current versions of the National EMS Scope of Practice and National EMS Education Standards, and about evidenced-informed clinical practice.
1. Current certification as an Emergency Medical Technician – Paramedics by a nationally recognized certifying organization.
2. Current certification in: Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) Provider, Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) Instructor, Advanced Pediatric Life Support (APLS) Provider, Advanced Pediatric Life Support (APLS) Instructor, Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) Provider, Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) Instructor, Pediatric Education for Pre-hospital Professionals Provider, Pediatric Education for Pre-hospital Professionals Instructor, International Trauma Life Support Provider, International Trauma life Support Instructor, Pre-hospital Trauma Life Support Provider, Pre-hospital Trauma Life Support Instructor.
You will be required to upload your transcripts. You must upload all applicable transcripts, credentials and/or certificates required to meet minimum qualifications for the position for which you are applying. Any degrees earned outside the United States must have an official US evaluation (course by course) of the transcripts and must be submitted with the application. In the case that the file you are uploading is too large or you do not have your transcripts readily available, please upload a document in place of stating you will be sending the documents to the Office of Human Resources, 7600 Dublin Boulevard, 3rd Floor, Dublin, CA 94568, or by fax (925) 485-5254, by 11:59:59 p.m. (PST) on the closing date.
*Degrees in Progress: To be conferred on or before July 1, 2017 will be considered, provided that the applicant also submits (1) an up-to-date transcript, (2) a photocopy of the degree requirement from the school catalog, and (3) proof of current course(s) and enrollment. Please provide your explanation and background material by using the optional document upload called “Other Document”. If you are unable to upload the above, please upload a document in its place and state you will be sending the documents to the Office of Human Resources, 7600 Dublin Boulevard, 3rd Floor, Dublin, CA 94568, by 11:59:59 p.m. (PST) on the closing date.
Applicants applying under the “Equivalent provision” must provide details that explain at time of application how their academic preparation is the equivalent of the degree listed above. Please provide your explanation by using the optional document upload called “Equivalency Statement”.
1. Master’s Degree from an accredited institution of higher education.
2. Understanding and working knowledge of State, Country, and CoAEMPSP EMS regulations, policies, and procedures.
3. Understanding and working knowledge of National Registry EMT and Paramedic regulations, policies, and procedures.
Job Work Schedule
This position is full-time, tenure-track, 2017-2018 Academic Year. Employment will begin on or about August 14, 2017.
Physical Demands and Working Environment
INDIVIDUALS WITH DISABILITIES WHO ARE UNABLE TO CARRY OUT THE PHYSICAL ACTIVITIES OF THE POSITION WILL RECEIVE REASONABLE ACCOMMODATIONS TO ENABLE THEM TO PERFORM THE ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE POSITION.
Posting Detail Information
Posting Number F21P
Open Date 03/21/2017
Close Date 04/20/2017
Open Until Filled No
Notification to Applicants
The Chabot-Las Positas Community College District reserves the right to close or not fill any advertised position.
Instructions for Personal Qualifications Statement
The purpose of the personal qualifications statement is for you to provide information on how your education and experience relate to the requirements and duties of the position. There is no form to complete. Applicants are requested to provide their personal qualifications statement by uploading a document, the same way as you do for your cover letter.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * In no more than one page, provide a discussion of your teaching philosophy and what you believe are your responsibilities to your students.
(Open Ended Question)
- * List chronologically the courses you have taught. Include course name, course number, the institution where you taught the course, whether the course was for college credit (or not), and the industry/organization that the course aligned with if applicable. If you were not the instructor of record (i.e. if you were a Teaching Assistant, or held a non-faculty position) please state that fact, and describe your actual duties in the class).
(Open Ended Question)
- * Provide a course syllabus, written by you, for an Emergency Medical Technician course (If you have never taught this course, provide a representative syllabus).
(Open Ended Question)
- * In one page or less, discuss a personal innovation that you have used to improve student success.
(Open Ended Question)
Documents Needed To Apply
- Cover Letter
- Personal Qualifications Statement
- Equivalency Statement
- Other Document
CHABOT-LAS POSITAS COMMUNITY COLLEGE DISTRICT AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER